+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC Question

Chandra1

Nov 13, 2020
I moved from the US (H1b) to Canada in Feb-2021 on WP. I was anticipating EE draws and thus initiated India PCC ( received the same on Mar 2021). Since then I have travelled once to India for 2 weeks.

My Question is:
1. Can I use the same PCC (issued in mar 2021) for express entry whenever I get the invite ( hopefully by end of 2022).
2. My spouse has not travelled to India. Can she use her Indian PCC issued during the same time(mar 2021) ?

As per the PCC rules:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html
"Police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row."

My PCC was issued to me after my last 6 months stay in India. However as I mentioned, I have travelled for 2 weeks to India after PCC issue date.

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
You may use exisitng PCCs as they adhere to IRCC's guidelines and explain the same in an LOE. I have seen people doing it and getting approved. However, if you go over other forums, a fresh PCC is the most asked ADR document post ITA and Indian PCC takes time as well. So people generally suggest to get a new one a few weeks before the ITA. Based on the current CRS trends, you can apply one just to avoid additional processing, or ADR.

Chandra1

Nov 13, 2020
You may use exisitng PCCs as they adhere to IRCC's guidelines and explain the same in an LOE. I have seen people doing it and getting approved. However, if you go over other forums, a fresh PCC is the most asked ADR document post ITA and Indian PCC takes time as well. So people generally suggest to get a new one a few weeks before the ITA. Based on the current CRS trends, you can apply one just to avoid additional processing, or ADR.
Thank you for your response!!