+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC from Abroad- Police Verification Timeline Query

KV_hopeful

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Although there are many threads related to this overall topic, I am unable to find a response to my specific timeline.

I have submitted my Indian PCC application to BSL International office in Dubai and the request is now with the Consulate. My spouse had received a "accept with passport clearance" from CGI as her address on passport is already verified. I expect her PCC will come in the next few days.

In my case, my passport has the same address as my current address in India. However, as my passport was issued in Tatkal (Urgent), police verification was not completed. Hence, CGI has accepted my application but not my passport. I have been advised that I will receive a call to submit my passport once the police verification is complete.

Has anyone ever been in this same situation? Is there an expected timeline for police verification to be completed? Is there a way I can follow up with Delhi Police for this? I did find the number for Delhi Police Police Verification Helpline, but most information on their website relates to passports applied in India.

kusrbo

Feb 2, 2017
Although there are many threads related to this overall topic, I am unable to find a response to my specific timeline.

I have submitted my Indian PCC application to BSL International office in Dubai and the request is now with the Consulate. My spouse had received a "accept with passport clearance" from CGI as her address on passport is already verified. I expect her PCC will come in the next few days.

In my case, my passport has the same address as my current address in India. However, as my passport was issued in Tatkal (Urgent), police verification was not completed. Hence, CGI has accepted my application but not my passport. I have been advised that I will receive a call to submit my passport once the police verification is complete.

Has anyone ever been in this same situation? Is there an expected timeline for police verification to be completed? Is there a way I can follow up with Delhi Police for this? I did find the number for Delhi Police Police Verification Helpline, but most information on their website relates to passports applied in India.
I have applied for PCC in VFS Office in UK and it took 3 to 4 weeks to get my passport and PCC.

Reactions: KV_hopeful

KV_hopeful

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
I have applied for PCC in VFS Office in UK and it took 3 to 4 weeks to get my passport and PCC.
Thank you, that gives me some idea at least. Was there a physical verification done at your permanent address in India? Did you receive any update during the process? Were you able to follow up in any way?

kusrbo

Feb 2, 2017
Thank you, that gives me some idea at least. Was there a physical verification done at your permanent address in India? Did you receive any update during the process? Were you able to follow up in any way?
- Nope.. no physical verification done at my permanent address in India.
- No, didn't received any update except for a message on the day of dispatch
- No, I didn't follow up with anyone. Although VFS employees scared me saying this might take 3 to 4 months to get the PCC and advised me to apply in Delhi to get it quicker. I took my chance after going through multiple forums, went ahead and applied in VFS only and I got my PCC in 4 weeks.

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018

Dear KV_hopeful, were you able to get your PCC? My husband is in the same boat. We're not entirely sure what to do here.

KV_hopeful

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Dear KV_hopeful, were you able to get your PCC? My husband is in the same boat. We're not entirely sure what to do here.
No, still waiting to hear from them. But since I have only ever been a resident of Delhi, I applied to Delhi Police website for PCC and got it in one week. I made sure to ensure that my dates and addresses in this PCC are same as my Address History. My application is at NA2 stage and not rejected so far.

I spoke to Dubai Consulate multiple times, they said it can take around 2 months with no guarantees. They say the request goes to Regional Passport Office who sit on for days before it goes to Commisioner’s Office. 25 days after application to BLS, police guy visited my house in Delhi. But it will take another month before I get a call from consulate to submit passport.

Hope this helps.

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
KV_hopeful, thank you so much. I'm praying you are able to get your passport back very soon. I'll ask my husband to apply for PCC online today at the Delhi police website.

KV_hopeful

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
KV_hopeful, thank you so much. I'm praying you are able to get your passport back very soon. I'll ask my husband to apply for PCC online today at the Delhi police website.
Luckily, Dubai consulate doesn’t accept passport until they receive police verification report. So my passport is with me. They are supposed to call me to submit passport once it’s complete. I will tell you know how my application goes.

You will find many posts here suggesting against local police certificate. But I think it’s okay as long as you have not lived anywhere else in India and you make sure the dates in your certificate cover your entire stay. My friend got PR using the same.

You will be required to fill dates and addresses while filling online application, be careful with that. And I hope there will be someone living at your Delhi address to handle the verification. The policeman will call on 6th/7th day to schedule the visit.

Best of luck!

Reactions: explorerCA

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Perfect! Praying for you :)

I'll let you know too if my husband gets his PCC in a week. His sister is currently living at the address provided so fingers crossed that they meet her and everything goes smoothly.

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
KV_hopeful, my husband received his police certificate by email in 7 business days. Not sure if the Indian consulate in New York will accept this letter so they can provide a letter on their behalf too. He's going to check with them in person tomorrow. If it will take months, so be it. We will apply anyways with the PCC (since my husband has only lived in Delhi for a year).

Have you heard from the consulate about your case yet?

Last edited:

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Luckily, Dubai consulate doesn’t accept passport until they receive police verification report. So my passport is with me. They are supposed to call me to submit passport once it’s complete. I will tell you know how my application goes.

You will find many posts here suggesting against local police certificate. But I think it’s okay as long as you have not lived anywhere else in India and you make sure the dates in your certificate cover your entire stay. My friend got PR using the same.

You will be required to fill dates and addresses while filling online application, be careful with that. And I hope there will be someone living at your Delhi address to handle the verification. The policeman will call on 6th/7th day to schedule the visit.

Best of luck!
My husband got a call from the Indian consulate in NYC today asking to come and get his police clearance. Getting the police verification done using the online link worked! Thanks for all your help :)

KV_hopeful

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
That is good news, hope it all works out for you!

I got my PPR email this morning. I never got the PCC from Indian Consulate. My Delhi police PCC was accepted by CIC.

My husband got a call from the Indian consulate in NYC today asking to come and get his police clearance. Getting the police verification done using the online link worked! Thanks for all your help :)

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
That is good news, hope it all works out for you!

I got my PPR email this morning. I never got the PCC from Indian Consulate. My Delhi police PCC was accepted by CIC.
SO happy for you :) Many congratulations!

What's funny is that we got the call from the Indian consulate one day after we applied for Express Entry using my husband's Delhi Police PCC! Glad it worked out well for you

Ric02

Aug 4, 2018
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Not sure if this question is answered before, stating here again.

I am in UK since a month and planning to apply for PR from here itself. Do I need to go to India for PCC or I can get Indian PCC from the VFS of UK?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi all,

Not sure if this question is answered before, stating here again.

I am in UK since a month and planning to apply for PR from here itself. Do I need to go to India for PCC or I can get Indian PCC from the VFS of UK?
You need to get from high commision of India and they have outsourced services to VFS. First take an appointment from HCI portal and on that day goto vfs with original passport. They take 3 weeks or so to issue one.

Reactions: Ric02