+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal

Gauzdx

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Hi,
I have couple questions that I wanted to clarify regarding Indian Passport renewal:
1. My residence address is of Calgary but I am currently in Surrey. Is it okay to submit passport renewal application at BLS center in Surrey or I have to go back and submit at the Calgary application center? Calgary and Surrey both lie under Vancouver jurisdiction.
2. I recently changed my address and I am wondering if I can use my bank statements (notarized) as Canadian address proof for the application? All IDs that I have currently has old address which won't serve me as address proofs.
3. Do I need to reside at the address given in my application till they process my application?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Probably quicker if you go to their office in downtown Vancouver and ask them.

Snehathomas

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Has anyone renewed their Indian passport in Canada recently? I'm looking to renew mine as it expires next year beginning. Also I need to ensure my first name and last name are in the right fields (right now it's under surname and it has messed up my documents in Canada).
Thanks in advance.

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Has anyone renewed their Indian passport in Canada recently? I'm looking to renew mine as it expires next year beginning. Also I need to ensure my first name and last name are in the right fields (right now it's under surname and it has messed up my documents in Canada).
Thanks in advance.
What is your question here?

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Hi,
I have couple questions that I wanted to clarify regarding Indian Passport renewal:
1. My residence address is of Calgary but I am currently in Surrey. Is it okay to submit passport renewal application at BLS center in Surrey or I have to go back and submit at the Calgary application center? Calgary and Surrey both lie under Vancouver jurisdiction.
2. I recently changed my address and I am wondering if I can use my bank statements (notarized) as Canadian address proof for the application? All IDs that I have currently has old address which won't serve me as address proofs.
3. Do I need to reside at the address given in my application till they process my application?
Get an address proof like driver’s license first and then apply at your new place of residence.
You anyways need to report the updates in your address to provincial govt in 7 days of moving else its a criminal offence