+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Grade System to 4.00 grade ??

Ipekkk

Dec 13, 2018
Hello friends. My graduation grade is 2.89 / 4.00 (74.10%) and I want to do master's degree in canada. however, I was able to find more information about Indian grade system.What is the equalevent of 2.89 grade in Indian grade system, can you please tell me what 2.89 is in your system and if i can get masters degree in Canada?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello friends. My graduation grade is 2.89 / 4.00 (74.10%) and I want to do master's degree in canada. however, I was able to find more information about Indian grade system.What is the equalevent of 2.89 grade in Indian grade system, can you please tell me what 2.89 is in your system and if i can get masters degree in Canada?
I am guessing you have a GPA, in that case you need to just apply the same GPA to Universities in Canada. Only if you have something like a CGPA ( which is out of 10 ) or a raw percentage do you need to convert the marks. There is no such thing as an Indian system or a Canadian system. They are just ways to mark a course on a particular scale. You need to go to each individual University and see how they calculate it and if they have any specific requirements for India.

For example, University of Toronto has this conversion tool.

http://www.sgs.utoronto.ca/prospectivestudents/Pages/International-Degree-Equivalencies-Tool.aspx

For India, this is their requirements. Here Mid-B is the grade requirement.

Master's Minimum Admission Requirements:

• Bachelor's Degree Equivalent: Bachelor`s Degree, requiring a minimum of 4 years of study (e.g. BPharm, MBBS, BDS, BTech, BEng, BArch, etc.) Or Completion of BOTH a Bachelor`s (three-year) degree and a Master`s

• Mid-B Equivalent: 1st Class/Div or 8.0/10; 7.5/10 from Indian Institutes of Technology
Doctoral Minimum Admission Requirements:

• Master's Degree Equivalent: MPhil; MTech; MEng; MSc (Eng)

• B+ Equivalent: 1st Class/Div or 8.5/10; 8/10 from Indian Institutes of Technology