+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian consulate NYC, did not provide Indian PCC for canada what to do now

new2canada85

Star Member
Jan 31, 2011
i applied for australia pr last month and took indian pcc for australia. now this month my canada pr invitation 90 day deadline is approaching, i went to consulate for getting indian pcc for canada. she told as i took pcc for australia last month, they cannot process another pcc for atleast 6 months. i told i need for a different country requirement and she told that they wont give another pcc with in 6 months. this is crazy. what to do now, will indian pcc issued for australia work for canada also?

N

newtoexpressentry

i applied for australia pr last month and took indian pcc for australia. now this month my canada pr invitation 90 day deadline is approaching, i went to consulate for getting indian pcc for canada. she told as i took pcc for australia last month, they cannot process another pcc for atleast 6 months. i told i need for a different country requirement and she told that they wont give another pcc with in 6 months. this is crazy. what to do now, will indian pcc issued for australia work for canada also?
does the PCC say which country it is for? did u submit the original PCC for australia? do u by chance have the scanned copy?

vj9

Star Member
May 29, 2017
I think PCC issued by Indian consulate is not specific to a country because there is no mention of any country name on it, at least on my PCC which was issued at Chicago consulate. You can use the same PCC for Canada too if there is no mention of Australia on it.

Last edited:

SJR_Spencer

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there - he may have an issue because my PCC from the Indian High Commission at London specifically calls out that the letter is for Canadian immigration. If the Australian letter has that, he will not be able to use that..:

new2canada85

Star Member
Jan 31, 2011
does the PCC say which country it is for? did u submit the original PCC for australia? do u by chance have the scanned copy?
in pcc they are mentioning which country its for, dont know why they are doing that.

it has australia name on it, what to do now, i have only 4 days left to file the application and upload docs

vj9

Star Member
May 29, 2017
in pcc they are mentioning which country its for, dont know why they are doing that.

it has australia name on it, what to do now, i have only 4 days left to file the application and upload docs
I'm so sorry, try applying at a different consulate or get it from India. That's the only two options I could think of.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016

Your best bet would be to go to India and get it from a PSK.

VG2

May 31, 2017
Hi
I think you can use the same PCC as was offered for Australia, If not then give your "power of Attorney ' to somebody in India who can get your PCC from your place of residence in India. Hope this helps.

VG2

May 31, 2017
I think PCC issued by Indian consulate is not specific to a country because there is no mention of any country name on it, at least on my PCC which was issued at Chicago consulate. You can use the same PCC for Canada too if there is no mention of Australia on it.
Hi,
I too have a question, What is the approximate processing time for the Chicago consulate? right from the day of submitting the documents.

vj9

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi,
I too have a question, What is the approximate processing time for the Chicago consulate? right from the day of submitting the documents.
They processed my PCC the same day I sent and posted me back.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
If you are running out of time, upload the PCC you have with an LOE explaining the situation.