+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Citizenship Surrender Checklist

ns_sharon

Jul 13, 2020
Hello,

I was reading through the checklist for Indian Passport Surrender for Ottawa jurisdiction and i have a couple of questions (if anybody has experience applying for citizenship surrender at Ottawa can answer please):

It is mentioned that we have to submit the original of the citizenship certificate along with the application. Am I reading this right?

"All Original Indian Passport/passports from the day landed in Canada till became Citizen along with one copy of first, last and all observation pages with Canadian visa issued and entry-exit stamps." Do they mean Canadian entry stamps and Indian entry-exit stamps or do I need to submit copies of other countries entry-exit stamps which are on the passport as well?

I am only part way filling the online application form for passport surrender, do they specify which address in Ottawa to send the application to on the application form? I did not find any addresses mentioned in the bls website to send the application package?

Thanks,
S

sakshamsane

Apr 4, 2019
Hello,

I was reading through the checklist for Indian Passport Surrender for Ottawa jurisdiction and i have a couple of questions (if anybody has experience applying for citizenship surrender at Ottawa can answer please):

It is mentioned that we have to submit the original of the citizenship certificate along with the application. Am I reading this right?

"All Original Indian Passport/passports from the day landed in Canada till became Citizen along with one copy of first, last and all observation pages with Canadian visa issued and entry-exit stamps." Do they mean Canadian entry stamps and Indian entry-exit stamps or do I need to submit copies of other countries entry-exit stamps which are on the passport as well?

I am only part way filling the online application form for passport surrender, do they specify which address in Ottawa to send the application to on the application form? I did not find any addresses mentioned in the bls website to send the application package?

Thanks,
S
Hi. i have experience of filling up at toronto office and it says the same. however when i spoke to BLS agent, he told me that only a photocopy of the citizenship certificate is required.

sorry but can't help on the second question.

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hi. i have experience of filling up at toronto office and it says the same. however when i spoke to BLS agent, he told me that only a photocopy of the citizenship certificate is required.

sorry but can't help on the second question.
So did you submit your renunciation request with only a copy of the citizenship certificate? or did you have to submit the original?