+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC - Residing in USA

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi Guys,

I reside in USA . I need to get the India PCC . So I contacted my Indian Consulate at Atlanta and obtained the PCC .

My doubt is do we need to take the PCC only from Indian Embassy or it can be taken from Indian Consulate also ?

(Note : In US , you have many Indian Consulates and one Indian Embassy )

cantn

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the difference? Both institutions represent your country on foreign soil.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
sraj07 said:
Hi Guys,

I reside in USA . I need to get the India PCC . So I contacted my Indian Consulate at Atlanta and obtained the PCC .

My doubt is do we need to take the PCC only from Indian Embassy or it can be taken from Indian Consulate also ?
The one you have obtained from the consulate is sufficient. Have you have also obtained the FBI Certificate?

Aquarian25

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
sraj07 said:
Hi Guys,

There is no difference between consulate and embassy.. Both are same.. In US, embassies are known as Consulates...

eefromusa

Aug 21, 2015
Don't know about consulate vs embassy. But i got PCC from Chicago Consulate .
Additionally I APPLIED for FBI certificate and attached a letter explaining that FBI takes more than 3 month to process so cannot submit it now. Will submit once i get it but there is no option to send documents at a later date unless CIC asks for it. So just waiting

niagary

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
sraj07 said:
Hi Guys,

Atlanta office pcc is sufficient and valid. Remember that office is created to take care of the applicants from the adjoining states.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eefromusa said:
Additionally I APPLIED for FBI certificate and attached a letter explaining that FBI takes more than 3 month to process so cannot submit it now. Will submit once i get it but there is no option to send documents at a later date unless CIC asks for it. So just waiting
There is a way to send documents, and when you get the FBI certificate you should send it immediately, as applications have been rejected for lack of it, even though the applicants demonstrated that they had applied.

First, if you have only recently applied for it, hold off submitting your PR application for as long as you can - to the 58th or 59th day. Then, when you get the FBI certificate, upload it in a CSE - Case-specific Enquiry. Search for CSE on the CIC website and you'll find it.

ravi9884

Sep 2, 2015
eefromusa said:

HI,

Is it ok to just upload a letter saying that FBI certificate will take more than 3 month?

Thanks
Ravi R

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ravi9884 said:
HI,

Is it ok to just upload a letter saying that FBI certificate will take more than 3 month?

Thanks
Ravi R
Upload that, along with proof - a receipt, a copy of the application - that you applied. But be warned that with some people, CIC has waited patiently for the FBI, and others have been rejected because they didn't submit the FBI clearance with their applications, even though they did explain that they had applied and it takes a long time. The VO has discretion on this, and can use it either way.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion on india pcc.

I applied for my FBI PCC on June 25 . I am expecting something positive from them this month .

If you are expecting ITA in upcoming draws, it is better to apply for FBI PCC immediately . That'swhat I did

But FBI PCC, eventhough u might have taken the prints with the help of technician/professional , there are chances of getting rejected by FBI , which u will come to know only after 3 months from applying . So when u send , take multiple fingerprint copies , but send them as separate applications to FBI , so that if one package is rejected , also others can go through .

Always pay through Credit card method

I myself sent one package on June 25 and two other packages on Aug 25 .

Fingers crossed. My ITA submission date is Oct 21 .

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
sraj07 said:
Hi Guys,

If u have stayed in India for more than 6 months you better ask any of your Indian relatives to get one from your country.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi Bestof luck ,

If you are not residing in India, you should only get the pcc from the embassy/consulate ... cannot get from police station through relatives.

ariaazinak

Aug 8, 2023
My husband is not coming with me to canada. But my 5 year old kid will be. So, If my husband’s who is non accompanying me in immigration to canada gets his police clearance PCC not cleared as he had case on him earlier3 years back.
so can i get my pcc cleared ? Or can i get PR visa for canada in such situation and can move to canada without him ? Does my pr visa depends on my husband PCC Or does ircc gives pr to people whose non accompanying husband doesnt have police clearance??