+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorrect police certificate submitted - what to do?

depressedfish

Aug 22, 2014
Hi all, I am panicking now as I just realised I submitted the wrong police certificate with my FSW application. I have just submitted my FSW application to CIC this month.

According to "How to obtain a police certificate - New Zealand" on the CIC website (I am not allowed to post links), I need to submit the Disclosure of Information (NZ) form along with my FSW application. Instead I made a mistake and provided a criminal record from Ministry of Justice, which the website states is not an acceptable substitute.

Would my application be returned due to this? I cannot find an answer from searching the forum since police certificates is actually an optional component on initial application, in hindsight I probably should just go with the bare minimum and avoid trying to give more information than necessary.

What should I do from here? Right now I can think of 3 options:

Option 1 - Resubmit the entire application with the correct form this time, I can do this as I have a second original copy of all files, including ECA and IELTS results.

Option 2 - Submit disclosure of information form as an additional form to CIC and hope they match it with my existing application

Option 3 - Do nothing and hope