+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorrect information on my PR card

dmurphy22

Aug 7, 2016
Hello,

I had a previous topic here talking about how I did not meet the PR obligation by about 4 months. I was able to enter Canada last week without issue and was not reported or asked to a secondary review. I just walked right in with my PR card as is.

However, when I went to get a sin number I was told that my gender was recorded incorrectly. She said this should have no bearing on me as far as a job goes, I have a sin number and can work but she said it will matter when I go get my driving license or perhaps if I need credit in the future.

Now I will need to get in contact with immigration to have my document amended. Will this end up in them looking at me and seeing i did not meet the RO? Will I have to wait the 2 years for my residency to reset before I can safely get my documents amended and be able to get a driving license?

This is a mess.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
dmurphy22 said:
Hello,

I had a previous topic here talking about how I did not meet the PR obligation by about 4 months. I was able to enter Canada last week without issue and was not reported or asked to a secondary review. I just walked right in with my PR card as is.

However, when I went to get a sin number I was told that my gender was recorded incorrectly. She said this should have no bearing on me as far as a job goes, I have a sin number and can work but she said it will matter when I go get my driving license or perhaps if I need credit in the future.

Now I will need to get in contact with immigration to have my document amended. Will this end up in them looking at me and seeing i did not meet the RO? Will I have to wait the 2 years for my residency to reset before I can safely get my documents amended and be able to get a driving license?

This is a mess.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5530Eguide.asp
What is the timeframe for applying for a reissued PR Card?

You must submit a request to reissue your PR card within 60 days after receiving your PR Card (if the required correction is already reflected on your Record of Landing or Confirmation of Permanent Residence).
Think that you are out of luck.

bubulici

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
IF the mistake is also on COPR, you will have to get the COPR amended(takes 5-6 months), before PR CARD. It's all on CICs website.