+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorporated worker getting PR

Sris81

Oct 29, 2012
Hi,
I came to Canada in Sept 2009 and graduated in MBA from University here (in Ontario) in 2011. I am on open work permit till 2014.

I work as an incorporated vendor at a technology firm. An HR agency helped me to get my incorporated business number. The technology firm pays the agency and my incorporation gets paid from agency. I have been working in this firm from sept 2011 till date. I can get a reference letter from technology firm and agency. Couple of my colleagues who work under the same arrangement applied for PR under CEC and they got rejected.

Please let me know whether I am eligible to apply for PR through CEC or should I apply through Ontario Provincial Nominee Program.

If I am eligible to apply PR through CEC, please let me know what are the documents I should submit.

Thanks and appreciate your guidance.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sris81 said:
Hi,
I came to Canada in Sept 2009 and graduated in MBA from University here (in Ontario) in 2011. I am on open work permit till 2014.

I work as an incorporated vendor at a technology firm. An HR agency helped me to get my incorporated business number. The technology firm pays the agency and my incorporation gets paid from agency. I have been working in this firm from sept 2011 till date. I can get a reference letter from technology firm and agency. Couple of my colleagues who work under the same arrangement applied for PR under CEC and they got rejected.

Please let me know whether I am eligible to apply for PR through CEC or should I apply through Ontario Provincial Nominee Program.

If I am eligible to apply PR through CEC, please let me know what are the documents I should submit.

Thanks and appreciate your guidance.
Your case in my opinion is a little complicated, I would speak with a professional (immigration lawyer). I doubt you would be able to apply under OPNP, if you were working for your own incorporation it probably wouldn't meet the requirements.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Sris81 said:
Hi,

You would be considered self-employed, and self-employed experience is not eligible under CEC. I know, it seems like a stupid technicality, but...

You might be eligible under Opportunities Ontario (Ontario PNP), but you have to apply within 2 years of graduating, so you'd better get started fast -
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERS.html