+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In need of serious help

blondebrains

Feb 24, 2009
Here is the situation:
I am a dual citizen of both Canada and the U.S. (I was born in Canada). My husband (who is American only) and I bought an established business in British Columbia. We took ownership November 1, 2008. My husband's six months as a visitor has run out. I do not even know where to start to get him permanent residency. He does have a criminal record from over 15 years ago (no felonies, just misdemeanors) and the rehabilitation seems very complicated. What should I do? Since we just started our business, we cannot afford a spendy lawyer. Any ideas? Any attorneys out there that don't charge an arm and a leg?
I desperately need help...can I still apply for a visitor extension?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Yes you can apply for an extension,I dont understand your problem,why dont you apply for a spousal sponsorship within Canada,then your husband can then stay in Canada until his PR is approved,its not difficult to finish the forms or Enroll him in Cap College or Kwantlen whatever and get him a student visa,Use the NAFTA options to get him a work visa.No need for a lawyer contact me by PM and I can refer you to free assistance