+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In need for advise regarding PGWP renwal

yafaa1993

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Hello

Please! Any advice will be helpful

Despite completing a two-year full-time program, I should have been granted a three-year Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). Unfortunately, due to passport validity issues, I received a shortened PGWP and now require an extension before November 5, 2023. Before renewing my passport, I sought guidance from an immigration consultant who advised me to request a remark on the PGWP, allowing for future extensions. Regrettably, my remark request was denied, and I was advised to reapply after obtaining the new passport. Recently, I obtained the new passport and intend to apply for an extension to rectify the duration of the PGWP, aligning it with the original entitlement. However, I am concerned about the potential rejection of my extension request. Consequently, a lawyer recommended that I explicitly request the full duration of the PGWP that I believe I am entitled to in my application. Additionally, within the accompanying letter of explanation, I should highlight that if the officer determines my ineligibility for the three-year extension, I would seek a renewal under the new public policy. This approach ensures that if the initial extension is denied, I would remain eligible to apply for a new PGWP under the policy that we believe I qualify for.

Thank you