+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In Canada Spouse Sponsorship -- proof of income

RokijWayro

Jul 20, 2014
Hi,

We are completing the sponsorship application, and trying to understand the income requirements for the sponsor. It looks like there is no minimal income requirement on the sponsor, but he has to provide proof of income anyway. Why is that?

My husband was abroad for a period and moved back to Canada late last year so his Option C doesn't show much income even though his current salary is more than enough according to CIC income requirements. Would paystubs and a letter from the employer showing a current income for almost an entire year be sufficient?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
RokijWayro said:
Hi,

We are completing the sponsorship application, and trying to understand the income requirements for the sponsor. It looks like there is no minimal income requirement on the sponsor, but he has to provide proof of income anyway. Why is that?

My husband was abroad for a period and moved back to Canada late last year so his Option C doesn't show much income even though his current salary is more than enough according to CIC income requirements. Would paystubs and a letter from the employer showing a current income for almost an entire year be sufficient?
There is no financial requirement, but the sponsor still needs to prove that they can financially take care of the applicant. If he has filed taxes he needs to show the option C. Yes, a letter from his employer and pay stubs will be good to show. He can show a bank account receipt too. I had worked for three years un my husband's country before returning to Canada and applied to sponsor him. I had no job and no savings. I showed job searches I'd done, and had a letter of support from my parents saying we could live with them.

RokijWayro

Jul 20, 2014
tink23 said:
There is no financial requirement, but the sponsor still needs to prove that they can financially take care of the applicant. If he has filed taxes he needs to show the option C. Yes, a letter from his employer and pay stubs will be good to show. He can show a bank account receipt too. I had worked for three years un my husband's country before returning to Canada and applied to sponsor him. I had no job and no savings. I showed job searches I'd done, and had a letter of support from my parents saying we could live with them.
Thanks for the information. And it sounds like you didn't have any issues with the application despite applying with no job?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Nope, no problems. I showed emails I'd had for interviews and I sent my university degrees to show I had education background to get a good job. My husband was approved in 3 months, including sponsor approval, even though his visa office is listed as 14 months. You should be fine.

RokijWayro

Jul 20, 2014
tink23 said:
Nope, no problems. I showed emails I'd had for interviews and I sent my university degrees to show I had education background to get a good job. My husband was approved in 3 months, including sponsor approval, even though his visa office is listed as 14 months. You should be fine.
Thanks so much for the information.