+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In a serious situation.... pls help....

abhi_now22

Mar 1, 2012
Hi Everyone
I am new to this site but found it to be really helpful.
First coming to my profile which is I completed my BSc Microbiology at Kakatiya Uni (INDIA) in 2008 and flew to Melbourne to do my MSc Biotech at Latrobe Uni (Australia). Troubles started here :( - I could not do the entire program where I finished my 1st semester and had to change my course to some irrelevant course (related to management and food processing) due to some serious financial problems. I kept studying that course for 2.5 yrs hoping to get a pr and continue my MSc but my fate din’t help me and came back to INDIA in Dec 2011.

Now I seriously tried for MSc in Canadian Unis (applied 2 unis) but not sure to get an admission.

So then applied for Diploma - Environmental technician in 2 SPP colleges; Niagara and Confederation and also applied for Diploma - Biotechnology technician in other SPP colleges; Seneca, Centennial and Algonquin.

I wish to do this diploma and somehow work on creating a platform for doing MSc in Canada or achieve a PR which gives me greater chances for my goal.

1) Now my real problem is I am scared about visa because I already have a BSc level education and I applied for diploma courses. Do the visa people consider me to be over qualified for doing Diploma level course even though it is relevant to my bachelors????

2) Does my stay in Australia for 3.5 yrs affect my visa?

I have no financial problems now except my father is retired which may affect bank loan.

I apologize for such a lengthy post but I really need some help guys.

Thanks in advance for any replies....

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhi_now22 said:
Hi Everyone
I am new to this site but found it to be really helpful.
First coming to my profile which is I completed my BSc Microbiology at Kakatiya Uni (INDIA) in 2008 and flew to Melbourne to do my MSc Biotech at Latrobe Uni (Australia). Troubles started here :( - I could not do the entire program where I finished my 1st semester and had to change my course to some irrelevant course (related to management and food processing) due to some serious financial problems. I kept studying that course for 2.5 yrs hoping to get a pr and continue my MSc but my fate din't help me and came back to INDIA in Dec 2011.

Now I seriously tried for MSc in Canadian Unis (applied 2 unis) but not sure to get an admission.

So then applied for Diploma - Environmental technician in 2 SPP colleges; Niagara and Confederation and also applied for Diploma - Biotechnology technician in other SPP colleges; Seneca, Centennial and Algonquin.

I wish to do this diploma and somehow work on creating a platform for doing MSc in Canada or achieve a PR which gives me greater chances for my goal.

1) Now my real problem is I am scared about visa because I already have a BSc level education and I applied for diploma courses. Do the visa people consider me to be over qualified for doing Diploma level course even though it is relevant to my bachelors????

2) Does my stay in Australia for 3.5 yrs affect my visa?

I have no financial problems now except my father is retired which may affect bank loan.

I apologize for such a lengthy post but I really need some help guys.

Thanks in advance for any replies....
Hi,

1. Even if you get admission in a University and meet all requirement, still your chances for visa are slim to very slim for your failed status in Australia.

JackB

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well I have had some experience in this thing about the visa and everything , and believe me is not such a hard thing to achieve, I explained my case to many people , some of them dis encouraged me other did the opposite. I had like 3 gap years of doing nothing and still got the visa, I was quite worried but only because the opinions and past experiences of other people , that means that every single case is different therefore you can be strong in some areas and weak in others, for me the main thing that could have helped me it was my good grades and several awards that I received during my studies in my country.
So how did I cover those gap years you might be asking yourself, I didn't!! I just say the truth , gave everything needed to the office and even never wrote a SOP. and received the visa in 27 days.

What I can imply and conclude by this behavior , is that the visa officer analyze everything as a hole and creates an idea of who you are , yeah there is a check list , but that's why it takes so long.
My recommendation is to portrayed you as the utopian applier and really, really have plans to return to your country . Something interesting is that people that only want to get a Master in canada and return are the ones chosen there you have... Imgine that you are the officer and you are just checking another person applications , Would you grant him the opportunity?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JackB said:
Well I have had some experience in this thing about the visa and everything , and believe me is not such a hard thing to achieve, I explained my case to many people , some of them dis encouraged me other did the opposite. I had like 3 gap years of doing nothing and still got the visa, I was quite worried but only because the opinions and past experiences of other people , that means that every single case is different therefore you can be strong in some areas and weak in others, for me the main thing that could have helped me it was my good grades and several awards that I received during my studies in my country.
So how did I cover those gap years you might be asking yourself, I didn't!! I just say the truth , gave everything needed to the office and even never wrote a SOP. and received the visa in 27 days.

What I can imply and conclude by this behavior , is that the visa officer analyze everything as a hole and creates an idea of who you are , yeah there is a check list , but that's why it takes so long.
My recommendation is to portrayed you as the utopian applier and really, really have plans to return to your country . Something interesting is that people that only want to get a Master in canada and return are the ones chosen there you have... Imgine that you are the officer and you are just checking another person applications , Would you grant him the opportunity?
Hi,

1. This is India, not Latin America (your homeland). You have no idea how they handle cases of South Asian students. If still in doubt, read the line "....they want to know why I left UK..." www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t83870.0.html;msg1014405#msg1014405