+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important Questions before applying Visitor Visa

Afaq Ahmad

Apr 22, 2017
Hi,

I am going to apply in this month for Visitor Visa to attend a security conference in Vancouver. I have below questions in which i need help.

Recently, last week i opened my new bank account and transfer all the money in the account which is sufficient for my trip. Kindly tell me its not a problem to show a new bank account statement which is not more than 1 month old?

For Visit Visa, Do i need to provide certified documents or its not necessary? Docs like my bank statement, employment letter, passport, salary slips etc. (Not included educational docs because i am not applying for study visa).

What is meant by "verification of your information and documents may delay processing time"??? Information verification can be done by contacting relevant person/authority however how they can verify documents? Or its my duty to provide verification???

Do i need to provide Police Clearance Certificate for Visit Visa???

Is it important to provide complete tour itinerary "including hotel booking, complete travelling plan"???

I am going to attend a conference so i don't have any friend or relative there, which contact info should i provide to embassy for 24 HRS as per there policy or its not necessary???

Most important, how to reserve advance hotel booking without paying before visa confirmation? I checked with multiple hotels all are accepting payment in advance. Is there any way to get my side safe before paying them???

Need urgent assistance on this. Thanks

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Recently, last week i opened my new bank account and transfer all the money in the account which is sufficient for my trip. Kindly tell me its not a problem to show a new bank account statement which is not more than 1 month old?
It is expected to show at least 3 months of statements.

For Visit Visa, Do i need to provide certified documents or its not necessary? Docs like my bank statement, employment letter, passport, salary slips etc. (Not included educational docs because i am not applying for study visa).
Download the checklists. All of these vary by location. The specifics come there. Use google to look for them.

What is meant by "verification of your information and documents may delay processing time"??? Information verification can be done by contacting relevant person/authority however how they can verify documents? Or its my duty to provide verification???
It means that if your documents need to be verified it will take more time than average. Verification can be done in many sort of ways. You cannot provide verification.

Do i need to provide Police Clearance Certificate for Visit Visa???
Download the checklists. All of these vary by location. The specifics come there. Use google to look for them.

Is it important to provide complete tour itinerary "including hotel booking, complete travelling plan"???
It will raise your chances to get a TRV. It is not mandatory though.

I am going to attend a conference so i don't have any friend or relative there, which contact info should i provide to embassy for 24 HRS as per there policy or its not necessary???
Contact info would be your company and how it is sponsoring your trip. The conference should also provide assistance. usually international conferences do so. Ask them.

Most important, how to reserve advance hotel booking without paying before visa confirmation? I checked with multiple hotels all are accepting payment in advance. Is there any way to get my side safe before paying them???
That is odd. Most hotels in Vancouver accept booking with free cancellation policy (48 hours prior at least).

If you can't find one there is no way of "get my side safe before paying them".