+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT QUESTION!

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would be eligible to apply for the CEC in early may and I intend to apply a couple of days after. The thing is I intend to quit my job at the end of may because my work permit expires mid June and I want to go back to school as well. My question is when I quit my job, would I have to update my file with immigration telling them I no longer work with the business. And if I don't, do I risk misrepresentation for not telling them I left my job? Please enlightened members help me figure this out.

Note leaving the job is after application has been filed.

One more question do I need to submit my pay stubs, and if I do which ones and how many? the document checklist doesn't mention it though.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrB said:
I would be eligible to apply for the CEC in early may and I intend to apply a couple of days after. The thing is I intend to quit my job at the end of may because my work permit expires mid June and I want to go back to school as well. My question is when I quit my job, would I have to update my file with immigration telling them I no longer work with the business. And if I don't, do I risk misrepresentation for not telling them I left my job? Please enlightened members help me figure this out.

Note leaving the job is after application has been filed.

One more question do I need to submit my pay stubs, and if I do which ones and how many? the document checklist doesn't mention it though.
CEC is not employer dependent meaning that the employer does not sponsor you. As long as you have worked the appropriate number of hours and meet the other requirements, it is not mandatory for you to remain employed. And you do not have to update CIC about your employment situation after you apply for CEC.

No, you do not need to submit your paystubs as long as you have submitted other proof of your work experience in the form of T4s, tax assessments, letter from the employer stating all of the requirements, etc. However, being on the safe side, save them just in case you need them later.