+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status and Citizenship form

nikleotide

Oct 12, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have two questions:
1- While filling up the citizenship form, in the "Assessing your eligibility" under section 9, where we have to enter the information on our status during the eligibility period, what should we do for the implied status periods? More specifically, between one of my study permits and the next permit, there is 10 days that is missing which since I had applied for the work permit before the end of my study permit, it would be counted as implied status. Now, since the date of the new permit shows the missing 10 days compared to the previous permit, how should I enter these data since there is no proof for this period except for the receipt of the application for the new permit?

2- My next question is about those times that I had both study permit and work permit, do I need to add two different records for each permit in the section 9 or should I add only one (which one) or something like a combination (e.g. WORKER/STUDENT)?

I appreciate your help in advance.

Cheers,
B.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hello everyone,

I have two questions:
1- While filling up the citizenship form, in the "Assessing your eligibility" under section 9, where we have to enter the information on our status during the eligibility period, what should we do for the implied status periods? More specifically, between one of my study permits and the next permit, there is 10 days that is missing which since I had applied for the work permit before the end of my study permit, it would be counted as implied status. Now, since the date of the new permit shows the missing 10 days compared to the previous permit, how should I enter these data since there is no proof for this period except for the receipt of the application for the new permit?

2- My next question is about those times that I had both study permit and work permit, do I need to add two different records for each permit in the section 9 or should I add only one (which one) or something like a combination (e.g. WORKER/STUDENT)?

I appreciate your help in advance.

Cheers,
B.
Hi, When you get the next status till that point your previous status is valid. yes you need to enter all the periods of work permits or study permits

Reactions: nikleotide

nikleotide

Oct 12, 2017
Hi, When you get the next status till that point your previous status is valid. yes you need to enter all the periods of work permits or study permits
Thanks for the quick reply. The only problem is that in the form it askes the expiry date of the permits (to be exact: "Date your status expired") which on the permits is basically 10 days before the new permit is issued. So, what you are suggesting is to add that 10 days to the expiry date of the previous permit?

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Thanks for the quick reply. The only problem is that in the form it askes the expiry date of the permits (to be exact: "Date your status expired") which on the permits is basically 10 days before the new permit is issued. So, what you are suggesting is to add that 10 days to the expiry date of the previous permit?
Yes, you understood it correctly dear...

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011

nikleotide

Oct 12, 2017
Yes, you understood it correctly dear...
One last question, I worked as a postdoc right after I defended my PhD in Dec 2012. My study permit and off campus work permit was expired at the end of Dec 2012. I applied for both a "Study Permit Extension" and an "Off-Campus Work Permit" on Dec 13, 2012 (thus the implied status in the first 10 days of January).
For the first 6 months of 2013, which I had the valid study permit (except for the 10 days of mentioned implied status) I was working as a postdoc while correcting the revisions on my phd thesis. The problem now is that I cannot find the work permit for this period of 6 months (after this 6 months I got my three-year-open work permit which extends to my PR issuance).
Any advice on what I should do for the missing work permit?

Thank you very much in advnace for your help.

Juiceycow

Nov 26, 2013
. So, what you are suggesting is to add that 10 days to the expiry date of the previous permit?
Hmm, now Im confused.
I had the same issue (gap between work permits where I was under implied status), so was going to list the gap as a separate line and say "implied status". ...

nikleotide

Oct 12, 2017
Hmm, now Im confused.
I had the same issue (gap between work permits where I was under implied status), so was going to list the gap as a separate line and say "implied status". ...
What you're saying makes more sense. This actually was my case as I asked my employer from that time and they told me I was working on implied status for the whole 6 months not only 10 days and there was not a new work permit for that period of time to begin with. I think as you mentioned we should add a new record as implied status for that period and write an explanation for that time in the cover letter accompanying with the receipt of the application for the permit. Thanks a lot for the help.

Juiceycow

Nov 26, 2013
What you're saying makes more sense. This actually was my case as I asked my employer from that time and they told me I was working on implied status for the whole 6 months not only 10 days and there was not a new work permit for that period of time to begin with. I think as you mentioned we should add a new record as implied status for that period and write an explanation for that time in the cover letter accompanying with the receipt of the application for the permit. Thanks a lot for the help.
Im getting conflicting info from other places on the boards ie make it one line, but the advice above (ie be more detailed) came from an immigration consultant, so I'll be sticking with adding a new record.

I also asked her about the copying the whole passport thing. She said to include the stamped pages "Copy the stamped pages so that they can check your passport in advance. That way when you go up for your interview it won't take as long"

nikleotide

Oct 12, 2017
Im getting conflicting info from other places on the boards ie make it one line, but the advice above (ie be more detailed) came from an immigration consultant, so I'll be sticking with adding a new record.

I also asked her about the copying the whole passport thing. She said to include the stamped pages "Copy the stamped pages so that they can check your passport in advance. That way when you go up for your interview it won't take as long"
Yes, in the video they have on the citizenship website, they emphasize on the fact that we shouldn't miss any document or info but also mention that do not provide them with unneccesary documents (I have more than 150 pay stubs! and don't know how to provide that! lol)

Reactions: Juiceycow

Juiceycow

Nov 26, 2013
Yes, in the video they have on the citizenship website, they emphasize on the fact that we shouldn't miss any document or info but also mention that do not provide them with unneccesary documents (I have more than 150 pay stubs! and don't know how to provide that! lol)
re passport copying.
I've since read SpyFy's FAQ, and I think I'll just go with the bio page.
Unless things changed on the 11th, my friend just passed her test on the 10th "There was a super quick interview after my test on Tuesday to verify that all info in my application was correct, that was it."

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCC has no documentation saying this time won't count.

I'd put another entry on the app form - Worker (implied status) with the relevant dates.This way, it's perfectly clear and truthful. Worst case scenario IRCC decides the time doesn't count but I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. I wouldn't extend the WP time... I'd just do a separate entry.

Good luck!

nikleotide

Oct 12, 2017
IRCC has no documentation saying this time won't count.

I'd put another entry on the app form - Worker (implied status) with the relevant dates.This way, it's perfectly clear and truthful. Worst case scenario IRCC decides the time doesn't count but I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. I won't extend the WP time... I'd just do a separate entry.

Good luck!
I think I'm overthinking this, I have close to 450 days extra (thanks to the previous law) to cover my three years physical presence. I'm just trying to cover all the bases.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think I'm overthinking this, I have close to 450 days extra (thanks to the previous law) to cover my three years physical presence. I'm just trying to cover all the bases.
It's better to be safe - I get it. With those extra days, you are fine. But I would recommend being very transparent and truthful. Too much info is better than information that isn't correct when it comes to IRCC.