+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Impact of ICT on PR application

Jun 12, 2021
My PR application is under the SK PNP program, I have received the ITA ( post approval from SK and 600 points added to EE ) from CIC and the application will be submitted next week, in the mean while my organisation has offered me a job in our Canada office (Toronto), as per process they will provide me with a work visa under ICT - Special Skills category.

I am confused now as to what is better for me 1. Decline the company offer and go for PNP, this would mean, that I will have to Land in Canada with no Job in hand.

2. Take the ICT - I do not know how this will impact my PR application as well as how easy it will be for me to get the PR after reaching Canada.

I am 41 years of age and have 17 years of work experience in IT.

Please advise.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My PR application is under the SK PNP program, I have received the ITA and the application will be submitted next week, in the mean while my organisation has offered me a job in our Canada office, as per process they will provide me with a work visa under ICR - Special Skills category.

I am confused now as to what is better for me 1. Decline the company offer and go for PNP, this would mean, that I will have to Land in Canada with no Job in hand.

2. Take the ICT - I do not know how this will impact my PR application as well as how easy it will be for me to get the PR after reaching Canada.

I am 41 years of age and have 17 years of work experience in IT.

Please advise.
Is the job in SK? If so, there's no issues doing both at the same time.

Harish.b

Sep 13, 2018
No actually the job is in Toronto.
Hello,

Did you get any answers for your situation? Will there be an impact if the ICT location is different from the location of the province we received nomination?
Also wanted to check on the NOC codes. What if the employer files the application for a different NOC code over what we have claimed in our PR application? Please suggest if you have found any explanations

Thanks

kalani123

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Hello,

Did you get any answers for your situation? Will there be an impact if the ICT location is different from the location of the province we received nomination?
Also wanted to check on the NOC codes. What if the employer files the application for a different NOC code over what we have claimed in our PR application? Please suggest if you have found any explanations

Thanks
Hi,

are you with the similar case as PNP from Different province and ICT for different province?