+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Impact of Expired IELTS on OINP Application and New Express Entry Profile

Bezidge

Sep 22, 2018
Hello everyone,

I hope someone here can provide some clarity on my situation:

• On August 15, I received a Notification of Interest from Ontario.
  • I applied for the OINP (Human Capital Priorities) on September 29, and it's currently being processed.
  • My IELTS certificate expired on October 09, leading to my Express Entry Profile on the IRCC website being marked as "not eligible."
Given these circumstances, I have several questions:

1. If I retake the IELTS exam next month and create a new Express Entry profile, will it impact my ongoing OINP application in any way?
  2. Could my OINP application get rejected due to my original EE profile becoming ineligible?
  3. If I receive an OINP approval, is it possible to reference them to my new EE profile?
  4. What's the possible outcome if my OINP application is approved before I manage to retake the IELTS exam and set up a new EE profile?
I appreciate any insights or personal experiences you can share. Thank you!

Vineet77

Dec 20, 2023
Hello everyone,

I hope someone here can provide some clarity on my situation:

• On August 15, I received a Notification of Interest from Ontario.
  • I applied for the OINP (Human Capital Priorities) on September 29, and it's currently being processed.
  • My IELTS certificate expired on October 09, leading to my Express Entry Profile on the IRCC website being marked as "not eligible."
Given these circumstances, I have several questions:

1. If I retake the IELTS exam next month and create a new Express Entry profile, will it impact my ongoing OINP application in any way?
  2. Could my OINP application get rejected due to my original EE profile becoming ineligible?
  3. If I receive an OINP approval, is it possible to reference them to my new EE profile?
  4. What's the possible outcome if my OINP application is approved before I manage to retake the IELTS exam and set up a new EE profile?
I appreciate any insights or personal experiences you can share. Thank you!
@Bezidge, Have you found a solution for the situation when your IELTS expires during the processing of your application?