+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Impact of Dui turned to plea of careless driving on PR application

KillVish000

Jul 26, 2024
Hey Everyone
I have a question about express entry
I have gotten and accepted the PR invitation under CEC and I applied this PR application with a pending charge of Operation while impaired and I am currently on PGWP in Canada but unfortunately due to my very bad mistake I have gotten a DUI charge (first time offender not even have any traffic violation) but my criminal lawyer have gotten me a plea deal of careless driving under highway traffic act with some probation terms like interlock device for vehicle for one year and fine of 1000$.
So i am going to get the official court order next month mentioning this plea deal and that i will update in my express entry profile

1. I have a question Is this careless driving plea still affect my PR application?
But this is not a criminal offence its a provincial highway offence. So i am thinking it should not effect my PR application.

2. During my initial incident Police took fingerprints from me and those fingerprints stays in system for 5 years which will mention my initial charge of DUI but I will provide the official court order to ircc which mentions the Carless driving plea so these fingerprints also should not be a problem?

if anyone can help for clarifying my doubts please do
Thankyou in advance

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hey Everyone
I have a question about express entry
I have gotten and accepted the PR invitation under CEC and I applied this PR application with a pending charge of Operation while impaired and I am currently on PGWP in Canada but unfortunately due to my very bad mistake I have gotten a DUI charge (first time offender not even have any traffic violation) but my criminal lawyer have gotten me a plea deal of careless driving under highway traffic act with some probation terms like interlock device for vehicle for one year and fine of 1000$.
So i am going to get the official court order next month mentioning this plea deal and that i will update in my express entry profile

1. I have a question Is this careless driving plea still affect my PR application?
But this is not a criminal offence its a provincial highway offence. So i am thinking it should not effect my PR application.

2. During my initial incident Police took fingerprints from me and those fingerprints stays in system for 5 years which will mention my initial charge of DUI but I will provide the official court order to ircc which mentions the Carless driving plea so these fingerprints also should not be a problem?

if anyone can help for clarifying my doubts please do
Thankyou in advance
Do you have a conviction?