+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration to Canada

SA_22

Jul 19, 2021
Hello Community,
What are the possibilities of moving to Canada at an age of 45+ yrs with professional background of hospitality (Service Side- banquets).
Need guidance before we start the process.
Thks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Community,
What are the possibilities of moving to Canada at an age of 45+ yrs with professional background of hospitality (Service Side- banquets).
Need guidance before we start the process.
Thks
It will most likely be extremely difficult based on your age and occupation. You most likely will not score enough points under the Express Entry system to be selected through this program. You'll need to research if you can immigrate through any of the provincial programs (PNP). You should assume the main / larger provinces (e.g. Ontario, Alberta, BC, etc.) will not be an option since your occupation isn't in demand there.

More information on the Express Entry program is here. You need to score 470+ to have a decent chance of being selected.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Links to the PNP programs are here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/works.html

Reactions: Naturgrl

SA_22

Jul 19, 2021
Thanks for replying...do you think that going through a local consultant in Canada might help in getting an entry considering their experience.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for replying...do you think that going through a local consultant in Canada might help in getting an entry considering their experience.
A consultant can't increase or change your score. They can help putting the application together.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They can help you to apply.

But the process of qualifying will still be the same. It will be just as hard for you to qualify whether you apply on your own or through a consultant.

SA_22

Jul 19, 2021
Sure..what I meant was that trusting their knowledge/ and experience, the application process will be fast. They will.hv all the info readily available like what provinces to choose, noc list where some preference is given to the profession and other factors contributing to increase the rating like education etc. But, thanks so much for providing the links...will help me applying on my own too..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sure..what I meant was that trusting their knowledge/ and experience, the application process will be fast. They will.hv all the info readily available like what provinces to choose, noc list where some preference is given to the profession and other factors contributing to increase the rating like education etc. But, thanks so much for providing the links...will help me applying on my own too..
Before hiring anyone, find out if you are even eligible for Express Entry with at least 67 points. You need ECAs and IELTS of at least CLB 7 in each of the four areas.

Six selection factors – Federal Skilled Worker Program (Express Entry) - Canada.ca

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
They will give you same information that is available on website of provinces. They won't have any special knowledge and hiring a consultant won't guarantee that application process will be fast.