+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration to Canada; Under Skilled Worker Class

skt

Oct 1, 2009
Hello,

My friend who is an international student here in US is applying for Canadian Immigration under skilled worker class. He finished his grad school here in US but now is out of status. I'd really appreciate if you guys have an idea when filling out the application under Background/Declaration, what should be the ideal answer for the applicant's status in the country of residence? Will mentioning out of status affect his application? I'd really appreciate genuine answers. Thank you in advance.

skt

Oct 1, 2009
Hello,

I'd really appreciate replies from folks who have applied to Canada while being out of status here in US? On the status part(Current status in the residing country) of the question what was your answer? Genuine answers only. Thanks in advance.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If he is an F-1 student he is not considered unlawfully present until determined so by an immigration judge, or in connection with an application. This applies to all statuses that have "D/S" (duration of status) as their validity period rather than a fixed date.