+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration to Canada as a Skilled worker (Federal Skilled Worker Category)

Proman888

Dec 10, 2014
I have completed both BSc and MSc (Master of science) degree offered by a University in United Kingdom. Since that Qualification is conducted entirely in English and the certificates are also in English, Should I still provide a English language assessment such as IELTS ? can't it be considered as a substitute to show the knowledge of English instead of IELTS ? and should I get Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for the said qualification as it's from United Kingdom and the certificate issued in English.

I'm aware that they offer 23 marks for the MSc level qualification. To obtain marks for the education category, should I submit my secondary school qualifications and details as well ? Or the MSc (Master of science) Degree is enough without providing secondary qualification to obtain 23 marks for the education ?

If I get permanent resident visa as a skilled migrant, will I be able to stay in Canada as long as I wish to stay ?
After I get permanent visa, If I needed to visit my country for about one month, will my permanent residency status get cancelled ?

Are there any government organization in Canada or any other organizations who support immigrants to find jobs for their qualification level if the skilled job category is in the shortage list of occupations or in absolute shortage list in Canada ?

Please be kind enough to provide details as I have already gone through their official website of government of Canada and couldn't find answers for those specific areas. :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you must still take the IELTS test. No - your education credentials will not be accepted as a substitute.

It is too late to apply under the FSW program for 2014 since it closes at the end of December. You need to start reading up on the rules for the Express Entry program which launches in January.

Once you have PR status you can live in Canada permanently. To keep your PR status, you must live in Canada for 2 out of every 5 years.

Yes - there are government agencies that provide some minimal help in preparing you to enter the Canadian workforce. However it's really up to you to find a job - you should assume you'll be doing most of the work and that no one is going to place a job in your lap.