+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration process

davidt07

Sep 7, 2010
Hi everyone, this is my first post here and I've searched around a little however couldn't find a good answer to my query so maybe someone can help me here? :D

I currently hold a Temporary Work Visa which is valid for the next 2 years and recently my girlfriend has told me that I am going to be a daddy very soon... this has made me very happy to know that I will be a father :D.

Obviously as I am now going to have a child here in Canada, I would like to apply for Permanent Residence so I can be close to my baby and family, take care of them. Which is the best and fastest option for me to achieve this stability for my family?

For instance, if my "common law partners/conjoint de fait" and I were to get married (she is not currently working and is not looking to return to work) would this help me expedite any processes? e.g. sponsorship etc...? And is sponsorship even the right path? With a baby that is mine here in Canada, will that allow me to special conditions?

I want to stay close to my family and would really like to have the stability of my job to help my family and support them.

Any ideas?

Thanks

David

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Hi David,

Congrats on impending fatherhood. I suggest you repost your question in the family class sponsorship folder. You will get lots of good and helpful information there. Start with the thread stuck at the top. It describes the different choices you will have to make regarding how to apply for PR status through family class. Marriage will not speed up the process (neither will having a child) of becoming a PR, but generally speaking, it will with good evidence make approval more likely over the common law or conjugal categories.
Allison