+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

immigration photos

Mazzy205

Jan 16, 2010
Can anyone confirm how strict the Canadian High Commision are with reference to immigration photos? We have been fortunate enough to have had our passports called forward. In the past we have sent bog standard passport photos and they have not been returned. I have contacted various photographers in my region & they all state that they are unable to follow the criteria specified in the final letter, so I am a bit concerned. Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
Mazzy

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
that sounds strange as all photographers use computer based programs to work with the photos. have you showed them the specifications? there definitely shouldn't be a problem with printing required photos.
the visa office can be really strict with photos, and even if they say ok, in Canada they can stop processing your PR card until they get right photos.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would not be surprised. The incompetency of some photographers today is astounding. :(

Suin said:
that sounds strange as all photographers use computer based programs to work with the photos. have you showed them the specifications? there definitely shouldn't be a problem with printing required photos.
the visa office can be really strict with photos, and even if they say ok, in Canada they can stop processing your PR card until they get right photos.

Mazzy205

Jan 16, 2010
Thanks for your thoughts. The problem they all seem to experience is the printing it onto single weight matt paper. I would have thought this would have been a basic tool for a photographer, but obviously not. I think I am just going to have to keep searching. I have telephoned various photographers and told them the specifications over the telephone and they all had the same negative response. A bit worrying really as I do not want to delay our forwarding of the passports. As you probably all know you only have 60 days from the receipt of the request letter to send your passports & photos etc. Fingers crossed I find somewhere soon.
Thank you all for your responses.

Mazzy

ruthndul

Jan 30, 2010
you can find the photos instruction on the web cic.gc.ca

I used to make my photos ourself
with a pocket camera at home
just do some cropping
and print the photos with my inkjet printer on a photo paper

Canada is not as strict as US :D