+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

immigration officers gave me a surprise on this beautiful day...

lixuevic

May 8, 2015
It's really sunny and nice day today in Vancouver but I don't feel the same, here is why....

I landed as a permanent resident on November 23rd 2015 in Boundary Bay and has been waiting for my PR card since then. Today is 81 days later after I officially became a PR, and I haven't got any news from them. So I called CIC. After being kept on hold and transferred around and waiting for a hour, the representative told me: the border officer who handled my case 3 months ago made a "small mistake" by not updating my status change in the system, so they can't find me in the system as a PR.

Hence nothing has been started yet for my card...

It is really frustrating, when you found that you have been eagerly waiting but it turned out to be just a waste of time.

Thank you CIC for teaching me one thing, PATIENCE...is important.

MIinCanada

Dec 17, 2015
I wouldn't worry too much. Sometime very similar happened to me when I landed in 2010. Waited for three months to get my new PR card and nothing. Called CIC and they looked into it. Turned out that the immigration officer forgot to have me sign the green/white landing documents...you know, the big box that says "don't sign until instructed to by officer". Took about a week for forms to arrive at the Kitchener CIC office for me to sign and my card came a week later.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
lixuevic said:
It's really sunny and nice day today in Vancouver but I don't feel the same, here is why....

I landed as a permanent resident on November 23rd 2015 in Boundary Bay and has been waiting for my PR card since then. Today is 81 days later after I officially became a PR, and I haven't got any news from them. So I called CIC. After being kept on hold and transferred around and waiting for a hour, the representative told me: the border officer who handled my case 3 months ago made a "small mistake" by not updating my status change in the system, so they can't find me in the system as a PR.

Hence nothing has been started yet for my card...

It is really frustrating, when you found that you have been eagerly waiting but it turned out to be just a waste of time.

Thank you CIC for teaching me one thing, PATIENCE...is important.
Really frustrating and CIC doesn't care about others peoples time.