+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

immigration lawyer or myself?

dokuppy

Oct 25, 2007
Hi someone,
i'm applying for skilled immigrate in canada...
pls. should i go for an immigration lawyer,is it faster ? or i do it myself...your is highly needed.

flourishing

Oct 25, 2007
Hi, it depends on a lot of factors. If you're an "I-want-to-do-it-myself" kind of guy, then you can try to do it yourself, just follow the guidelines. If you would not mind spending some money to enlist the expert assistance of an immigration lawyer (in terms of checking your forms and documents for consistency, throughness, etc., and also in terms of advising you on ways to maximize your points) then go fo it. Also, my understanding is that only Canadian citizens can request for a copy of the Visa Officer's notes about your case, (which could come in handy just in case you'ld be required to undergo an interview). For option 2, try the law firm of Atty. David Cohen, Campbell Cohen (the owner of this forum).

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
dokuppy said:
Hi someone,
i'm applying for skilled immigrate in canada...
pls. should i go for an immigration lawyer,is it faster ? or i do it myself...your is highly needed.
Hi dokuppy

If you can afford a lawyer, then go for it, it is the best way to get everything smooth

Please note that it is not mandatory, you may apply by yourself if you want to.

I also do recommend David Cohen, he worked on my immigration process.

Cheers
Eduardo