+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration file transfer at last step.

Farnmar

Jun 20, 2009
I applied for Alberta Provincial Nominee Program Immigration(Family Stream) from London last year and I have got letter for Medical examination and request to pay "Right to permanent residence fees" just last week. I am planning to get my medical done and pay my fees within this week, but my UK Visa(International Graduate Scheme) will expire in 2 weeks time and I can't extend it further because I 've already extended it once. What should be my next course of action. If I request London High Commision to transfer my file to Delhi how long will it take to get file tranferred and how long Delhi High Commision will take to process it further. Has anyone been in this situation??

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Farnmar said:
I applied for Alberta Provincial Nominee Program Immigration(Family Stream) from London last year and I have got letter for Medical examination and request to pay "Right to permanent residence fees" just last week. I am planning to get my medical done and pay my fees within this week, but my UK Visa(International Graduate Scheme) will expire in 2 weeks time and I can't extend it further because I 've already extended it once. What should be my next course of action. If I request London High Commision to transfer my file to Delhi how long will it take to get file tranferred and how long Delhi High Commision will take to process is further. Has anyone been in this situation??
1. The big question is will London transfer the file, unless it is to "enhance the integrity of the program" they won't.
2. If it is transferred to Delhi, it will be slotted into those files there with the same date.
3. 2/3 months for PP request from the date of the medical.

PMM

Farnmar

Jun 20, 2009
Thank You PMM. In case my request for transfer is declined, do I need a valid visa of UK at time of stamping, I mean can I send my passport to UK somehow, and get it stamped after I receive PP request.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Farnmar said:
Thank You PMM. In case my request for transfer is declined, do I need a valid visa of UK at time of stamping, I mean can I send my passport to UK somehow, and get it stamped after I receive PP request.
If you find someone to carry for you, as you know that it is illegal to mail them in/out of India. Also the person would either have to have a UK address or drop them off and then pick them up 2 weeks later, only on thursdays.

PMM

Farnmar

Jun 20, 2009
Should I request CHC for file transfer before I leave UK or try to send my passport later from India? What would be my best bet?