+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration duration and cost

Sep 29, 2021
Hi I am high school teacher with experience of four years in teaching computer science, a software developer and am 30 years old. How much and how long can it take me to immegrate to canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I am high school teacher with experience of four years in teaching computer science, a software developer and am 30 years old. How much and how long can it take me to immegrate to canada?
It will cost you a few thousand dollars if you apply on your own without the help of a lawyer or consultant. If you are single, I would budget $3K for the process. You must also show that you have at least $13,500.00 in savings (in addition to the money you need to spend on the process) to support your establishment in Canada.

How long it takes depends on the program. Anywhere from 8 months to several years.

Note that teachers are not an in demand profession in Canada (this means Canada has more teachers than teaching jobs available). You will also need to complete additional education in order to be allowed to work as a teacher in Canada. If your plan would be to teach in Canada, I would strongly recommend you research the process of being certified to teach in Canada so that you understand what will be involved and how long that might take.

I would recommend that you start be researching if you qualify and have enough points to be selected for Canada's immigration programs. You would be applying through the Express Entry program and need a score of at least 470 to have a chance of being selected:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html