+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Consultants

gbees12

Apr 21, 2013
Does anyone know where I can find an immigration consultant in Toronto ? Are there are organizations in Toronto that provide such services for a small fee?

tarun kumar devgan

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Hello,

In my opinion do your own research and send your file by yourself, there are enough information available at CIC's website..and if you still want to go with a representative then just look for a lawyer instead.

Thanks

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
gbees12 said:
Does anyone know where I can find an immigration consultant in Toronto ? Are there are organizations in Toronto that provide such services for a small fee?
No such thing as a "small fee." To do my application, a consultant wanted 2500-4000 CAD. Lawyers charge even more and they barely even see your app - they let the paralegals do all the work. (I think they're called Law Clerks in Canada.) It's a crock of pooey.

gbees12

Apr 21, 2013
Thanks for the replies! Hmm... Ok yea that's what a few other people I spoke with said too. Would you know anything about the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program?

I am due to start a Postgraduate Certificate Program in HR in September and would like to apply for the Ontario PN program after graduation. Any idea on how to find an employer who will sponsor you for the program?

Thanks.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
gbees12 said:
Thanks for the replies! Hmm... Ok yea that's what a few other people I spoke with said too. Would you know anything about the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program?

I am due to start a Postgraduate Certificate Program in HR in September and would like to apply for the Ontario PN program after graduation. Any idea on how to find an employer who will sponsor you for the program?

Thanks.
I don't live in Ontario and I don't know much about their PNP program, but I am interested in your HR part. I was told by a university HR is exceptionally hard to break into because you have to have experience to get the certficiation (which sounds bizarre, because then no one would ever be able to get certified!). Is this true? If you have any pointers about HR you want to share, I'm all ears. It is my career path of choice - but I've only heard negative about it, so I switched to another field.

gbees12

Apr 21, 2013
amikety said:
I don't live in Ontario and I don't know much about their PNP program, but I am interested in your HR part. I was told by a university HR is exceptionally hard to break into because you have to have experience to get the certficiation (which sounds bizarre, because then no one would ever be able to get certified!). Is this true? If you have any pointers about HR you want to share, I'm all ears. It is my career path of choice - but I've only heard negative about it, so I switched to another field.
Which field did you switch to? Honestly, I have heard that you have to build on your experience and network connections to find jobs in HR which did not concern me a whole lot because that what they say for any job now. So really all I am trying to do now is talk to people, build connections and attend any networking opportunities I get. I am sorry I wasn't of much use. The jobs are there but networking is key.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Healthcare management although I won't specialize until my Masters (bachelors is generic) so I have time to decide.