+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration as a student with a disease called psoriasis

ali2205

Jul 27, 2024
Hi. I am 24 and I wanted to immigrate to Canada as a student. However, I have been suffering from psoriasis and use Cinnora and Acitretin for my treatment. base on that, I want to know wheather can I come to Canada and follow my treatments while studying? and can I apply for a PR one day with this situation? By the way, I only see my doctor every two months in my country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. I am 24 and I wanted to immigrate to Canada as a student. However, I have been suffering from psoriasis and use Cinnora and Acitretin for my treatment. base on that, I want to know wheather can I come to Canada and follow my treatments while studying? and can I apply for a PR one day with this situation? By the way, I only see my doctor every two months in my country.
Every 2 months would be considered incredibly frequently in Canada and in some/many school locations you will not have easy access to a GP or rheumatologists. Even in large centres may take 6+ months to see a rheumatologist. You may struggle to get a GP in most of Canada. Whether you get approved as a student may vary by province. Medical coverage for students also varies by province some require coverage through an international medical plan through you school. Some schools seem to realize that they would not be able to support someone with medical needs. You would easily max out drug coverage limits and you would be require to switch to a biosimilar drug in some cases. While still a temporary resident you can send yourself 3 month supplies of medication from abroad. Canada doesn’t have a national pharmacare plan so something you should consider. Impossible to know whether it will impact PR. Will depend on more recent treatment and any changes to your health.