+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigrating with the Student Program

Amaryah

Dec 7, 2009
Hello everyone

My boyfriend and I have been looking through this for a long while now, and decided a few months ago to go with the sponsoring Conjugual. We both have our forms, and he even did his Medical Check. But as we were again looking through this and seeking advise, we ended up on a new path.

We now wish to make him stay with me, on a Visa, for one year, him as a Student, or Skilled Worker. But we will try Student first because the idea of going back to school is very appealing for him and I'd love to have him in my school aswell :)

Can some of you indicate us pros and cons about Student Immigration Visa?
And is anybody able to say and translate English Education grades to Canadian quebec Grades?

Thank you.

Hash

Dec 11, 2009
I don't know about the pros and cons of a Student Immigration Visa - I have only heard of BUNAC but would advise you read the information on the cic government website under english/study/index

In terms of translating English Education grades - if you were educated in the United Kingdom their standards are much higher than Canadian qualifications.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
is UK education recognized in Canada?

pancakemeow

Nov 10, 2009
It's really expensive to study as an international student (mine is $4000/semester extra on top of normal tuition fees - and thats for college not university). So thats $8000/yr plus tuition.

However, if you study as an international student for at least 2 years you are eligible to stay in canada for another 3 years (i think) to work. If you study 1 year I believe you can apply for a 1 year work permit.

I don't know about the Quebec system...