+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigrating from US to CA

Amric22

Jan 1, 2022
I've been reading about the shortest path to immigrate to CA. I'm US citizen. I have two US born girls.My husband has N.Macedonia citizenship. I'm looking into express entry?
Can anyone explain this to me in the most simplest way please? I'm scheduling us for English level test, we both have stable work history...if we choose certain province do we need to stay there for certain ammount of time? How do we get job offers?
Apparently we speak English, no Franch. Leven of education is 1 and 2 years of post secondary for us.Any advice is truly appriciated.
A.M

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I've been reading about the shortest path to immigrate to CA. I'm US citizen. I have two US born girls.My husband has N.Macedonia citizenship. I'm looking into express entry?
Can anyone explain this to me in the most simplest way please? I'm scheduling us for English level test, we both have stable work history...if we choose certain province do we need to stay there for certain ammount of time? How do we get job offers?
Apparently we speak English, no Franch. Leven of education is 1 and 2 years of post secondary for us.Any advice is truly appriciated.
A.M
Express Entry is Canada’s immigration program based on age, education, skilled work experience and language. To submit a profile you need language tests and education assessments for your degrees. Then you determine if you are eligible with 67+ points for EE based on the 4 areas. If you only have 1-2 years of post secondary, you may not even be eligible. Your work experience must be skilled in NOC A, B or 0 jobs too.

So the first thing rather than thinking about provinces to live in, is to determine whether you are elgible for the EE program.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html