+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigrated to Quebec as a skilled worker than move out?

noct

Apr 17, 2008
I have a question for my girlfriend who is applying to immigrate to the province of quebec as a skilled worker.

First, after initially settled as a PR in quebec, is she free to move to other provinces afterwards without jeopardizing her PR status?

My understanding is that, while not encouraged by the government, there's nothing legally binding one to move out of the province after becoming a PR (or else that would violate the freedom of movement we hold so dear as one of our fundamental rights?)

Could anyone verify on that?

Second, she's a native french speaker and as such has not taken any french language test before. What would she need to prove her language fluency to the quebec immigration authority?

Thanks very much!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

noct said:
I have a question for my girlfriend who is applying to immigrate to the province of quebec as a skilled worker.

First, after initially settled as a PR in quebec, is she free to move to other provinces afterwards without jeopardizing her PR status?

My understanding is that, while not encouraged by the government, there's nothing legally binding one to move out of the province after becoming a PR (or else that would violate the freedom of movement we hold so dear as one of our fundamental rights?)

Second, she's a native french speaker and as such has not taken any french language test before. What would she need to prove her language fluency to the quebec immigration authority?

Thanks very much!
Tell her to read the statement she signed to get the CSQ from Quebec, where it states that she will make an effort to settle in Quebec. If she doesn't try, Quebec reserves the right to lift the nomination certificate and report her to CIC. She needs to take the TEF to prove French abilitiy.

PMM

noct

Apr 17, 2008
Hi PMM, first of all, thanks so much for answering. i appreciate it, tho they aint quite hitting the points there...

She is applying, so she doesn't have the statement she is going to get yet. But from what PMM said, it asks the applicant to try to make an effort to settle in quebec. And my question is if she is okay to move out of quebec after initially settled in QC. so i suppose the answer is yes?

For the TEF, i checked out the website, it's done by alliance francais. Does anyone know if any sample test is available somewhere? Not that i think she has any problem, just want to see what the format is like. Perhaps she could study and pick some grammar rules back!

PMM said:
Hi

noct said:

Thanks very much!
Tell her to read the statement she signed to get the CSQ from Quebec, where it states that she will make an effort to settle in Quebec. If she doesn't try, Quebec reserves the right to lift the nomination certificate and report her to CIC. She needs to take the TEF to prove French abilitiy.

PMM

hasto4real

Feb 13, 2010
I really don't think that there are any such laws binding one not to move out as at when they choose the question should be if she tried to settle but could not cope i believe she has a right to relocate and there are ways to get it done so much so that her nomination would not be revoked.

furthermore, i also have started my french course with Alliance Francais and though i just started i have reasons to believe the language is easy to learn and adapt to considering the manner with which the teachers teach it"s quite fun :)

gjsilverfox

Aug 18, 2011
Which Alliance Francaise are you studying? In Cebu or Manila?
I'm taking up French there as well, and I must say it's really effective if you are willing to learn.