+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5533 7e Photos - only wedding photos?

nand0BC

Jan 15, 2024
Hi there!

I have tried to find an answer but I am getting mixed information from different sources... Regarding: Question 7(e): Photos of your wedding, customary celebration, engagement and/or outings.

My partner and I did a very small civil marriage ceremony, with only three people present (one of them her mother, and two common friends). We did it in a symbolic and beautiful place (not a courthouse) and we do have sweet photos of it, but it wasn't anything like one of those fully-fledged weddings with invitations, a ton of people, super celebration etc.

Our main question is whether all the 20 photos have to relate to the wedding, or they can be about other times in our relationship? We got married a month ago but have been together for 2 years, and we have a ton of photos travelling in different countries, living and working together in Canada, with common friends, with my family in Europe and her family in Canada, and so on.

Would this be enough, or are they particularly focused on the wedding?

Also, would it be wise to attach photos together with those people who will write proof of recommendation letters for us?

Thanks!
Fer

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Our main question is whether all the 20 photos have to Would this be enough, or are they particularly focused on the wedding?
Very important for wedding and related celebrations if it's an arranged marriage (where following customs is critical to evaluation of the bona fides). Otherwise: your choice, your responsibility, include whatever best demonstrates relationship is genuine.

I'd add: for those in longer-term relationships - photos of a variety of occasions, events, places, times, locations, and people in the photos - likely more convincing than 20 photos all with the same clothes locaiton and small number of people. For obvious reasons. In my opinion.

Again though: different considerations for arranged marriages.

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
Hi there!

I have tried to find an answer but I am getting mixed information from different sources... Regarding: Question 7(e): Photos of your wedding, customary celebration, engagement and/or outings.

My partner and I did a very small civil marriage ceremony, with only three people present (one of them her mother, and two common friends). We did it in a symbolic and beautiful place (not a courthouse) and we do have sweet photos of it, but it wasn't anything like one of those fully-fledged weddings with invitations, a ton of people, super celebration etc.

Our main question is whether all the 20 photos have to relate to the wedding, or they can be about other times in our relationship? We got married a month ago but have been together for 2 years, and we have a ton of photos travelling in different countries, living and working together in Canada, with common friends, with my family in Europe and her family in Canada, and so on.

Would this be enough, or are they particularly focused on the wedding?

Also, would it be wise to attach photos together with those people who will write proof of recommendation letters for us?

Thanks!
Fer
For photos, they suggest as many different times and places as possible, so half the photos we included were from before or after the wedding.

Reactions: armoured

nand0BC

Jan 15, 2024
Ah that's great then, thanks to the two of them!! We have photos in like 6 countries together over the years, and with our families etc in a variety of contexts, so it should be easy-peasy then given that it is not an arranged marriage :)

Thanks a ton!

Reactions: armoured and YVR123