+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5532 - Part A - Employment History

apoorvawat

Dec 2, 2017
Hi All,

I am sponsoring my spouse (who is outside Canada) as a PR.
I have some confusion while filling the IMM5532 - Employment History section (Part A - Question 1) and looking for help.

instructions in the form -
"
starting with your current employer, if applicable, give details of all employers you have worked for over the past five years. Make sure there are no gaps.
  • if you were unemployed, explain how you supported yourself.
  • if you were self-employed, write the name of your business and the date it was established.
  • use the gross amount (before taxes) for your monthly salary r income
"

My salary and positions changed in past 3 years for the same employer.

For example -
July 2020 - July 2021 - Employer X - Engineer - Salary $abc
Aug 2021 - Jan 2023 - Employer X - Senior Engineer - Salary $abc + $500
Feb 2023 - Apr 2023 - Employer X - Manager - Salary $abc + $500 + $1000

In this case, shall I mention all of these positions I held, with corresponding timelines and salaries, and create them as separate line items?

Or

I should just add the latest job title and salary for the employer and then move to the details about the previous employer?

Maybe the instructions are clear and I am leaning towards putting all positions for an employer, But I want to make sure that my understanding is correct.
Appreciate your help.

Thanks for your help.

sd6

Aug 2, 2019
Hi All,

I am sponsoring my spouse (who is outside Canada) as a PR.
I have some confusion while filling the IMM5532 - Employment History section (Part A - Question 1) and looking for help.

instructions in the form -
"
starting with your current employer, if applicable, give details of all employers you have worked for over the past five years. Make sure there are no gaps.
  • if you were unemployed, explain how you supported yourself.
  • if you were self-employed, write the name of your business and the date it was established.
  • use the gross amount (before taxes) for your monthly salary r income
"

My salary and positions changed in past 3 years for the same employer.

For example -
July 2020 - July 2021 - Employer X - Engineer - Salary $abc
Aug 2021 - Jan 2023 - Employer X - Senior Engineer - Salary $abc + $500
Feb 2023 - Apr 2023 - Employer X - Manager - Salary $abc + $500 + $1000

In this case, shall I mention all of these positions I held, with corresponding timelines and salaries, and create them as separate line items?

Or

I should just add the latest job title and salary for the employer and then move to the details about the previous employer?

Maybe the instructions are clear and I am leaning towards putting all positions for an employer, But I want to make sure that my understanding is correct.
Appreciate your help.

Thanks for your help.
Hello, we are at same boat, could you let me know if you get any clear instruction? thanks