+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM1294e

Cyrus335566

May 15, 2023
I am filling out the IMM1294e form at the moment. However, I have a few questions about the form and hope you guys may help.

Section 7 requires me to fill in my current country or territory of residence, and Section 10 requires me to fill in the country or territory where applying.

But my situation is kinda complicated. I am currently staying in Belgium as an international student (my student residence permit expired in October), and I am going back to Hong Kong (I am a citizen of Hong Kong) in July to apply for a visa. In September, I will start my PhD program in Canada. I want to submit my application online first and apply for my visa in Hong Kong. However, when I chose "country or territory where applying", and picked "Hong Kong" and "citizen", it required me to state from which date to which date I am going to stay in Hong Kong. I would like to ask from which period I should fill in for "country or territory where applying", should it be the period that between the date I go back to Hong Kong and travel to Canada?

Also, within the part of "DETAILS OF INTENDED STUDY IN CANADA", Section 4 "The cost of my studies", should I fill in the costs of one year or all the years (4 years for the PhD program)?

Thank you in advance. I hope you guys have a nice day!

afarah

May 17, 2023
I am filling out the IMM1294e form at the moment. However, I have a few questions about the form and hope you guys may help.

Section 7 requires me to fill in my current country or territory of residence, and Section 10 requires me to fill in the country or territory where applying.

But my situation is kinda complicated. I am currently staying in Belgium as an rankdle international student (my student residence permit expired in October), and I am going back to Hong Kong (I am a citizen of Hong Kong) in July to apply for a visa. In September, I will start my PhD program in Canada. I want to submit my application online first and apply for my visa in Hong Kong. However, when I chose "country or territory where applying", and picked "Hong Kong" and "citizen", it required me to state from which date to which date I am going to stay in Hong Kong. I would like to ask from which period I should fill in for "country or territory where applying", should it be the period that between the date I go back to Hong Kong and travel to Canada?

Also, within the part of "DETAILS OF INTENDED STUDY IN CANADA", Section 4 "The cost of my studies", should I fill in the costs of one year or all the years (4 years for the PhD program)?

Thank you in advance. I hope you guys have a nice day!
Hats off to the author for shedding light on this important topic. The article is both educational and inspiring, encouraging further exploration.