+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5669 - Personal & Address History

Alrofai

Jul 16, 2022
Hello,

I am filling out Form IMM 5669, and I am unsure what to do for one year; I was hired by a company in Dubai, UAE, and assigned to a project in Doha, Qatar. The company was not able to issue me a work permit in Qatar. I was on a UAE work permit, making me eligible for a 3 months GCC Visitor visa. So I spent that year going to Qatar for three months, traveling back to Dubai for a few days, and going back again to Qatar for 3 months. I did this 4 times, and then the company got me a work permit in Qatar, so I moved permanently to Qatar.

Following are the timelines :
2017/07 - 2017/10 Doha (Visa on arrival)
Dubai (For few days)
2017/02 - 2017/04 Doha (Visa on arrival)
Sudan(My home country, For few days)
2017/04 - 2017/07 Doha (Visa on arrival)
Dubai (For few days)
2016/11 - 2017/10 Doha (Visa on arrival)
Dubai (For few days to cancel UAE work permit)
2017/10 - 2022/08 Doha (Qatar Work permit)
Note that during all this time, I was on a UAE work permit, and my salary was paid to a UAE bank account. The PCC issued by the UAE covers that period. However, Qatar, on the other hand, does not issue a PCC for the period I spent in Qatar on a visitor visa (I got an email from the embassy saying that).

My questions :

For the personal history, do I choose Dubai for the whole period since I was on a UAE work permit, although I spent most of the time in Qatar, and include the times I spent in Qatar as travel history? if so, what would I put in my address/es for that time?

or do I just specify each period I spent in UAE and Qatar separately in different sections of my personal history and match the address? It would be a lot of sections, though!

I will be writing an explanation letter anyway to avoid confusion; however, I am also trying to avoid delays by making a mistake in the forms.

Thanks

Last edited:

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Hello,

I am filling out Form IMM 5669, and I am unsure what to do for one year; I was hired by a company in Dubai, UAE, and assigned to a project in Doha, Qatar. The company was not able to issue me a work permit in Qatar. I was on a UAE work permit, making me eligible for a 3 months GCC Visitor visa. So I spent that year going to Qatar for three months, traveling back to Dubai for a few days, and going back again to Qatar for 3 months. I did this 4 times, and then the company got me a work permit in Qatar, so I moved permanently to Qatar.

Following are the timelines :
2017/07 - 2017/10 Doha (Visa on arrival)
Dubai (For few days)
2017/02 - 2017/04 Doha (Visa on arrival)
Sudan(My home country, For few days)
2017/04 - 2017/07 Doha (Visa on arrival)
Dubai (For few days)
2016/11 - 2017/10 Doha (Visa on arrival)
Dubai (For few days to cancel UAE work permit)
2017/10 - 2022/08 Doha (Qatar Work permit)
Note that during all this time, I was on a UAE work permit, and my salary was paid to a UAE bank account. The PCC issued by the UAE covers that period. However, Qatar, on the other hand, does not issue a PCC for the period I spent in Qatar on a visitor visa (I got an email from the embassy saying that).

My questions :

For the personal history, do I choose Dubai for the whole period since I was on a UAE work permit, although I spent most of the time in Qatar, and include the times I spent in Qatar as travel history? if so, what would I put in my address/es for that time?

or do I just specify each period I spent in UAE and Qatar separately in different sections of my personal history and match the address? It would be a lot of sections, though!

I will be writing an explanation letter anyway to avoid confusion; however, I am also trying to avoid delays by making a mistake in the forms.

Thanks
You already answered your question and the form is clear. Provide all information. If you don't do that, they can easily find out and your application will be denied on the grounds of misrepresentation