+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5532

Shiv_CR7

Mar 3, 2019
Currently my spouse is in India and I am in Canada. We got married in April, stayed together in India for a month and then my spouse travelled with me to visit Canada on TRV for 2 month and went back to India on July 1.
We started speaking on phone in Aug 2023 and then I visited India in Nov 2023 to meet her.

So for the below question from IMM 5532 part C, question 4
If you are not living together, have you visited each other during your relationship?
1) should the answer be yes or no?
2) Should her visit to Canada on TRV be considered as living together or visiting?
3) If the answer to 1st question is yes, should I mention my visit in Nov 2023 or this doesn't count as it was before getting married.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Currently my spouse is in India and I am in Canada. We got married in April, stayed together in India for a month and then my spouse travelled with me to visit Canada on TRV for 2 month and went back to India on July 1.
We started speaking on phone in Aug 2023 and then I visited India in Nov 2023 to meet her.

So for the below question from IMM 5532 part C, question 4
If you are not living together, have you visited each other during your relationship?
1) should the answer be yes or no?
2) Should her visit to Canada on TRV be considered as living together or visiting?
3) If the answer to 1st question is yes, should I mention my visit in Nov 2023 or this doesn't count as it was before getting married.
1) Yes
2) No. She is visiting. That's part of visiting each other.
3) Your relationship started when you and your spouse started dating. Not just after getting married. So YES according to the information given here assuming that you started speaking on the phone in Aug 2023 (an arranged phone date/some kind of introduction to "speak to" a possible date) and you visited in Nov 2023 and got married in April 2024. And she visited you in May 2024.

Reactions: Shiv_CR7