07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
Med's Request
Done before
Hello,

I am going for an Outland application trough the VISA office of Paris.
However I have trouble with question 10: current country of residence,
You see, I have a Workers Holiday Program work permit (IEC) and I am staying with my wife in Canada while my application gets processed.
So currently I am residing in Canada right?

But to Belgium, where I was born, my residency address is legally still with my parents in Belgium.
If the CIC does a check up of my residency address, will they ask the Belgian State under what residency address I am subscribed under?
If so, should I inform then my country of the change in residency address (that it is now in Canada).

Hope to hear a reply from someone soon. Thank you for reading.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
If you're living and working in Canada, your current country of residence is Canada.

I don't think it matters what Belgium thinks. They won't ask Belgium what hey think your country of residence is.

flamand_quebec13

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Montréal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
Med's Request
Done before
Thank you for that. Makes perfect sense. :)

220VOLT

Dec 12, 2014
What about if someone is in Canada on the visitor visa not work visa ? Same situation, out land application but I'm currently in Canada with my partner.

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
There is a drop down with different statuses. You can choose Canada and status as Visitor with start date and an approximate end date ( at max 6 months from entry ). You will have several other places to explain you are just visiting.

flamand_quebec13

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Montréal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
Med's Request
Done before
I am not exactly on a *work* permit, more a worker holiday permit that expires and cannot be lenghtened.
But yeah, gathering all the documents right now. I am just done writing how the relationship developed between me and my wife (seven pages long).

Now I have more a question regarding photos that I want to attach. Can I for example put photos on a word document (was thinking 4 photos per sheet of paper with description for each below) and then print those. Or is it perhaps better to to print every picture individually and put them in an envelope?

Also, I will probably not be able to have an answer before my work permit expires (mid september 2015). So I want to stay in Canada and wait for an answer as a visitor. Will CIC be difficult about this or not really?