+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Im new (just started reading info on immigration and work visa's)

Andrew1984

Jan 31, 2010
So i just started looking into immigrating to Canada, and I'm very confused. The main thing I'm worried about is finding work. I have no trades or outstanding skills. so its gonna be hard to get a Job Offer, just by looking online. so can i visit Canada, and look for a Job while I'm there. Then if i get offered one while I'm in Canada, could i apply for a temporary work visa then. I'm just trying to figure out all my options, i will keep reading online but if any of you have any suggestions then i would appreciate it.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Getting a job offer as a low skilled worker is not really a good basis for immigration.

What kind of experience do you have? If you managed to get a job offer and work permit for certain low skilled occupations in BC or Alberta, the provincial nominee programs may give your employer a chance to nominate you for immigration if he wants to keep you. This is dependent on what you do though. They each have their own ideas about people they might need. It is not always easy to find an employer though who is willing to go through the hassle of helping you get to Canada on a work permit. Besides, they will not even get approved to hire you unless certain requirements are met such as not being able to find anybody else for the job.

What country are you from? Depending on where you are from, you may be eligible for a working holiday visa for 1-2 years and that can get your foot in the door to find an employer who might help you stay on.

Andrew1984

Jan 31, 2010
Well Other then Getting A work Visa what other options do i have for immigrating to Canada. Oh and to answer your Question, I'm from the United States.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Other than a work visa, you can go for a student visa. If you study in Canada for 2 or more years, you are eligible for a 3 year open work permit and after another year of skilled work, you would be able to apply for your immigration. Another way would be to marry a Canadian and get sponsored but will only work if you have a particular Canadian in mind. If you fail to prove your relationship to immigration, you would be denied.