+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I'm a university teacher seeking an urgent asylum

Saber Haimed

Jul 26, 2017
I'm a university teacher 29 years old. ..seeking urgent asylum. .i need protection. .we have become targets for all war sides. . We are targeted by war sides simply because we , as academics, refuse war and violence. . Please tell me what to do to flee suffering. ..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You have two options: (1) Obtain a TRV (visitor visa) to Canada and claim asylum when you arrive here. (2) Leave your home country and move to a different country. Once you are there, be officially recognized by UNHCR as a refugee. UNHCR will then determine where you will be resettled (could be Canada or could be elsewhere).

Saber Haimed

Jul 26, 2017
You have two options: (1) Obtain a TRV (visitor visa) to Canada and claim asylum when you arrive here. (2) Leave your home country and move to a different country. Once you are there, be officially recognized by UNHCR as a refugee. UNHCR will then determine where you will be resettled (could be Canada or could be elsewhere).
Thank u so much. ..
But there is no visitor visa available here in my home country. . ! Question: if i managed to go to india, do the officials there grant us a visitor visa to Canada, , and if yes, how i can make sure that if i arrived Canada they will give me permission to stay there and live

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank u so much. ..
But there is no visitor visa available here in my home country. . ! Question: if i managed to go to india, do the officials there grant us a visitor visa to Canada, , and if yes, how i can make sure that if i arrived Canada they will give me permission to stay there and live
To be approved for a visitor visa, you need to show that you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. If you apply for a visitor visa when you are outside of your home country, this usually increases the chances of refusal (because it's harder to demonstrate strong ties to your home country if you aren't even there). There's no way to guarantee your refugee claim will be accepted when you arrive in Canada.

Reactions: Saber Haimed

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Thank u so much. ..
It's very doubtful you will get a visitor visa approved while you're in India. As part of the TRV application you'd need to prove ties back to your home country to convince IRCC you will return after your TRV expired.

If you can go to India, then you must commit to staying there permanently and never returning to your home country, ever. You can then try to register with an organization like UNHCR as a refugee, and if they deem you a refugee they will check all available countries to see if any will take you. It could be any safe country, not necessarily Canada. You can't pick and choose. Also this may take a very long time.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/outside/index.asp