+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ILETS score requirement for Skill A Level

haisrinu777

Nov 11, 2013
Hi,

I need a clarification whether i am eligible to apply for PR in CEC class under Skill A Category.

I got an overall score of 6.0 as below.

Listening : 6 (CLB 7)
Reading : 5.5 (CLB 6)
Speaking : 6.5 (CLB 8)
Writing : 6.5 (CLB 8)

Can some one please let me know whether i am eligible to apply for PR in CEC class or not?

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

haisrinu777 said:
Hi,

I need a clarification whether i am eligible to apply for PR in CEC class under Skill A Category.

I got an overall score of 6.0 as below.

Listening : 6 (CLB 7)
Reading : 5.5 (CLB 6)
Speaking : 6.5 (CLB 8)
Writing : 6.5 (CLB 8)

Can some one please let me know whether i am eligible to apply for PR in CEC class or not?

Thanks.
No, NOC A requires requires CLB 7 in all modules, your Reading is too low.

haisrinu777

Nov 11, 2013
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I heard that for Noc 'A' is also eligible for the below criteria in one of the forums.

If you have a qualifying Canadian work experience at Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A, you must obtain a benchmark of:
7 or higher for each of those abilities; or

6 for any one of those abilities, 7 or higher for any other two of those abilities and 8 or higher for the remaining ability.
If you have a qualifying Canadian work experience at Skill Level B, you must obtain a benchmark of:
5 or higher for each of those abilities;

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

haisrinu777 said:
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I heard that for Noc 'A' is also eligible for the below criteria in one of the forums.

If you have a qualifying Canadian work experience at Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A, you must obtain a benchmark of:
7 or higher for each of those abilities; or

6 for any one of those abilities, 7 or higher for any other two of those abilities and 8 or higher for the remaining ability.
If you have a qualifying Canadian work experience at Skill Level B, you must obtain a benchmark of:
5 or higher for each of those abilities;
Nope that is the "old style". No more mix and match.

haisrinu777

Nov 11, 2013
Hi,

One of my friend having similar score like me. He spoke to Canada immigration cic team they sent an email confirming like clb 6, clb 7 and clb 8 combination will work out to apply under cic.
But as you said i didnt see any where in the cic site.

Thanks,
Srini

mrFoce

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
Med's Request
03-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
PMM said:
Hi

No, NOC A requires requires CLB 7 in all modules, your Reading is too low.
He seems to be right: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/language.asp

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

haisrinu777 said:
Hi,

do u mean to say, the email from immigration team is valid ?
Read the following?

Language requirements - Canadian Experience Class

Being able to communicate and work in English, French or both will help you in the Canadian job market.

You must prove your ability in English or French in these four areas:

speaking,
reading,
listening, and
writing.

Your occupation (job) will dictate the language skills you need to immigrate under this class. The skills you need will depend on the group the job is classified in under the National Occupational Classification system (NOC).

If you gained your skilled work experience in Canada in a NOC 0 or A job, you must meet the minimum level of CLB 7 in either English or French for all four language abilities.

pks121980

Jan 27, 2014
Have you know any instance to reject CEC PR application for 2171 due to low IELTS score after getting CLB 7 in all 4 English language abilities ? Actually , My one friend got cancelled and I am also scared . His score as below .

L 6
R 6.5
W
S 6.5

CEC comment that , You have required 6.5 in all abilities for 2171-A Category .