+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

iim008_1e misdemeanor Citation-Case Dismissed HELP

BoobyCA

Apr 6, 2009
Hi All,

I am filling the "imm008_1e Schedule 1 Background declaration form" Under Section 9, Do I need to check any of the Box to 'Yes' ?
I received a Misdemeanor Citation in US 2 yrs ago for shoplifting (Petty offence) and the case was dissmissed. I have all the supporting
documents for ths. My FBI fingerprint record shows this charge.

In the form I see a question " been convicted of, or are you currently charged with, on trial for, or party to a crime or offence, or subject of any criminal proceedings in any country?

Do I answer this question as Yes or No? I suppose the question refers if you were convicted but my case was dissmissed so is that a conviction?

Please HELP.

Booby

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BoobyCA said:
Hi All,

I am filling the "imm008_1e Schedule 1 Background declaration form" Under Section 9, Do I need to check any of the Box to 'Yes' ?
I received a Misdemeanor Citation in US 2 yrs ago for shoplifting (Petty offence) and the case was dissmissed. I have all the supporting
documents for ths. My FBI fingerprint record shows this charge.

In the form I see a question " been convicted of, or are you currently charged with, on trial for, or party to a crime or offence, or subject of any criminal proceedings in any country?

Do I answer this question as Yes or No? I suppose the question refers if you were convicted but my case was dissmissed so is that a conviction?

Please HELP.

Booby
You weren't convicted so the answer is "No" insure that you send proof of the acquittal
with your application.

PMM

Reactions: Virgo29

BoobyCA

Apr 6, 2009
Thanks so much PMM. I was going to consult an attorney for this. You just saved my $$ :)
Thanks Again.
Booby