+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If my work permit expires before AINP processed, can I apply bridging Visa

phrixus

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Hi guys, I got a very urgent problem with my work permit.

I came May, 2011 with work visa, I have been in Canada almost 3 and half years until now. My work permit will expired in 7 months, May, 2015.
According the rule which be promulgated in 2011, temporary foreign workers can't work more than 4 years in Canada. That means I can't renew my work permit!!
I go through "Employer Driven-skilled worker Category", I got only file number which sent by email, and my AINP processing time:
Between May and August 2014 (inclusive): at least 18 - 24 months from the date your application was received

My application will be declined if I don't have valid work permit for 18-24 months.

What should I do, am I eligiable to apply bridging open work permit (BWOP)????
Any suggestion appriciate! I feel so helpless..... :(

susana

Nov 4, 2008
There is no options to apply for a work permit until you submit your application to CIC and you receive your file number. You stlll have 7 months ahead and AINP is processing apllications based on job market needs, so maybe you are one of the 1000 nominees left for 2014. If not, look for other programs to apply.

phrixus

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Is there any other solution to extend work permit in my case
Is food service supervisor cam qualified with any other program? Plz give me some idea, thank you.

phrixus

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
susana said:
There is no options to apply for a work permit until you submit your application to CIC and you receive your file number. You stlll have 7 months ahead and AINP is processing apllications based on job market needs, so maybe you are one of the 1000 nominees left for 2014. If not, look for other programs to apply.
Thank you for your response, Susana,
According to the AINP website, it says like below,
Reminder: You must maintain a valid work permit throughout the AINP application and assessment process. Only applicants under the Strategic Recruitment Stream Engineering Occupations Category are exempt from this requirement. If you are unable to provide the AINP with a valid work permit or implied status based on a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or LMIA exemption at the time of assessment, your application will be declined. Please see the FAQ section for further information.

I can't make AINP expedite the processing of an application, neither renew my work permit. Even I stay by appling visitor visa after work permit expired, it's not gonna help for this case, right? :-X

susana

Nov 4, 2008
phrixus said:
One of the requirements for the Provincial Nominee Program if you are submitting an application for Permenent Residency under the Employer Driven Stream is to have a valid work permit AND be working for the employer that is nominating you at the time of submission and until a decision is made on your application. A visitor's visa won't be the solution for you.

You still have 7 months in your work permit. Have a little patience and pray to be in the 1000 nominations certificates left for 2014. As soon as you get your certificate you can apply to CIC and you will get your file number way before your wp expires.

phrixus

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
susana said:
One of the requirements for the Provincial Nominee Program if you are submitting an application for Permenent Residency under the Employer Driven Stream is to have a valid work permit AND be working for the employer that is nominating you at the time of submission and until a decision is made on your application. A visitor's visa won't be the solution for you.

You still have 7 months in your work permit. Have a little patience and pray to be in the 1000 nominations certificates left for 2014. As soon as you get your certificate you can apply to CIC and you will get your file number way before your wp expires.
Thank you Susana for your patience and kindly replying.
Yes, I think I can just be patience and wait, I got nothing else to do now.......
Thanks again, I really appriciate of your response. :)

Dchezmo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
0108-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2016
Hi, did you find a solution? I have the same problem. Visa will expire before I get my provincial nomination.