+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If I apply to a work permit in Canada, do I have to reenter to Canada to get it?

restrex

Aug 9, 2010
Hi guys.

I'm in Canada for one year through the Young Mobility Program (now called International Experience Canada).

My employer wants me to keep working here in Canada, but I don't know where do I have to pickup my work permit when I have to. My multiple-entries visa ends on September 9th, and I am really worried about if I have to pick it up at a normal CiC office in Canada, or a Canadian entry port.

Thank you very much,

jp

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

restrex said:
Hi guys.

I'm in Canada for one year through the Young Mobility Program (now called International Experience Canada).

My employer wants me to keep working here in Canada, but I don't know where do I have to pickup my work permit when I have to. My multiple-entries visa ends on September 9th, and I am really worried about if I have to pick it up at a normal CiC office in Canada, or a Canadian entry port.

Thank you very much,

jp
You apply to Vegreville with the IMM 1249 and the LMO to get a new work permit. No LMO, no work permit. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/extend-stay.asp