+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IETLS - not able to cross 6.5 in writing, so TEF Canada ?

kira96

Dec 24, 2018
Hey All,

I have not written IELTS exam yet, it is scheduled on Jan 19. It is not exciting to study English and moreover it is a paper-based exam.

The reason I posted this is to ask if it would be possible to learn French and score average in TEF Canada, and max out IELTS(except writing, 6.5) to get a good CRS score.

I have not learnt French nor do I want to learn it, considering that it would take a lot of time to get to an average level. However, when I read posts in this forum and talk to my friends who have written IELTS more than 4 times and are rewarded 6.5, I am starting to wonder if there is a deliberate attempt by IELTS to not award more than 6.5 in at least one section.

If that is the case, I could never imagine being a Canadian PR. It has always has been my dream to get settled in northern America. So if it takes great effort to learn French and write that exam, I am up for it.

Questions that I want to ask you guys,
1) Has anyone done this before? If yes, can you share their experience?
2) Realistically, how long would this take? could I expect to get done with this in a year, I'd immerse myself into French "thing" completely.

Last edited:

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Hey All,

I have not written IELTS exam yet, it is scheduled on Jan 19. It is not exciting to study English and moreover it is a paper-based exam.

The reason I posted this is to ask if it would be possible to learn French and score average in TEF Canada, and max out IELTS(except writing, 6.5) to get a good CRS score.

I have not learnt French nor do I want to learn it, considering that it would take a lot of time to get to an average level. However, when I read posts in this forum and talk to my friends who have written IELTS more than 4 times and are rewarded 6.5, I am starting to wonder if there is a deliberate attempt by IELTS to not award more than 6.5 in at least one section.

If that is the case, I could never imagine being a Canadian PR. It has always has been my dream to get settled in northern America. So if it takes great effort to learn French and write that exam, I am up for it.

Questions that I want to ask you guys,
1) Has anyone done this before? If yes, can you share their experience?
2) Realistically, how long would this take? could I expect to get done with this in a year, I'd immerse myself into French "thing" completely.
My suggestion would be for you to study well and re-attempt IELTS. Studying French from scratch is not an easy job and one has to slog for 1-1.5 yrs religiously to get a good TEF score. Hence my advice would be for you to work on the IELTS. Good luck.

Reactions: scylla