+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ielts writing sections

boatgirl

Mar 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day to all :)

I've never taken the IELTS exam before, and am just becoming familiar with the format. So far, I do not find any problem with the writing sections, as far as the topics or even how to word them.

The problem that I do have is that my wrist gets very tired when I have to write for lengths at a time. Although 150 words is not a lot when typing on the computer, it's definitely a wrist killer when writing on paper!

Ok, so how is it given? Do we have to write it out on pencial and paper, or is it pen or marker and paper? I would have preferred CAT, (similar to the GMAT, GRE, etc), but I guess I'll have to adjust.

Also, I'm not used to writing without editing on the screen - will this be a problem? Is one given scrap paper? Are points taken away for scratching out?? Bad handwriting due to fatigue? ???

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
the good thing about it is you are allowed to write with pencil. So you can erase and rewrite. Secondly, one hour is quite sufficient if you are familiar with the questions and know what/how to respond. So that should take care of your wrist problem as you can actually take considerable time to write.

All the best