+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts validity.

Soninaqvi

Nov 2, 2023
Hello All,

I want to understand until when should my ielts score be valid. The date on my ielts card is 29 Jan 2022. Will my ielts considered valid until 29 jan or will it expire starting Jan 1. Also if i receive my ITA on 31 Dec, will i be in a good condition or do i need to reappear for ielts.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello All,

I want to understand until when should my ielts score be valid. The date on my ielts card is 29 Jan 2022. Will my ielts considered valid until 29 jan or will it expire starting Jan 1. Also if i receive my ITA on 31 Dec, will i be in a good condition or do i need to reappear for ielts.
IELTS is based on when you submit your application for PR, not ITA. So if you receive ITA on 31 December you must submit completed PR application before 29 Jan.

Reactions: Soninaqvi

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello All,

As mentioned above at the time of submitting your file within a time frame given (after getting ITA) all the docs have to be valid.
As you said if you get ITA 31 Dec and your IELTS is valid until Jan 1 so you have to sit for another test. Since it is very hard that you can submit the whole file till 1 Jan.

Soninaqvi

Nov 2, 2023
IELTS is based on when you submit your application for PR, not ITA. So if you receive ITA on 31 December you must submit completed PR application before 29 Jan.
Thanks for the abo
As mentioned above at the time of submitting your file within a time frame given (after getting ITA) all the docs have to be valid.
As you said if you get ITA 31 Dec and your IELTS is valid until Jan 1 so you have to sit for another test. Since it is very hard that you can submit the whole file till 1 Jan.
my ielts scorecard mentions 29 Jan so it will be valid until 29 Jan.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Thanks for the abo

my ielts scorecard mentions 29 Jan so it will be valid until 29 Jan.
If your IELTS expires on 29th Jan, you will need to submit your PR application (not ITA!) Before this date.
If you receive ITA and can't submit your application, you will have to retake the test before you submit them. The scores will be recalculated and it is your responsibility to make sure the recalculated score is above the cut off for the ITA you received, else, the application is refused.
It's always advisable to provide IELTS results with maximum validity when submitting your PR application.

Reactions: Soninaqvi