+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS test score to CIO

Aug 28, 2009
When applying to CIO NS, canada,
application 0008 3e contains:

Proficiency in English: high, moderate, low, basic.................

I have tick marked high in all these fields on the basis of my scores of TOEFL ibt in July 2008 (87/120). Only then I am qualifying (68/100)
So should I do in the next question

Whether I tick in YES (have you taken the test) or NO.

If I tick no, will CIO accept my application and consider me under FSW.
I am surely taking the IELTS test later.

So for applying to CIO, will it be ok that I dont take the test, tick high in all the language skills and tick NO in whether the test have been taken or not.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
it is ok.. just write it in the explanation that you intend to take the IELTS before submitting the final application

ayarrk

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
its not necessary but RECOMMANDED..! when u send ur application
so IO can figure it out how many points u claim...
when u tick high means u will get speaking/reading/writing module least 6.5 band
and listening with 7.5 band... only then its HIGH and u get (4*4) total 16 points
if u score less in respective module u have 2 points only

Aug 28, 2009
Thanks for your kind reply............

I want to ask one more question. In form IMM0008 Generic, there is a space for principal applicants photo. So what should I do? Should I stick my photo there?

Secondly, i have two years of job expereience, and right now I am in continuation with it. Now in one of the forms, we have to mention dates FROM and TO. And what should I write in TO, if I am still in the same job while applying. Can I leave it blanK?

Plz help me........

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bhaveshbarot83 said:
Thanks for your kind reply............

I want to ask one more question. In form IMM0008 Generic, there is a space for principal applicants photo. So what should I do? Should I stick my photo there?

Secondly, i have two years of job expereience, and right now I am in continuation with it. Now in one of the forms, we have to mention dates FROM and TO. And what should I write in TO, if I am still in the same job while applying. Can I leave it blanK?

Plz help me........
You really didn't read the instructions did you? No photos to CIO and "to date" in employment space.

PMM

skylite

Aug 24, 2009
aanbaan said:
it is ok.. just write it in the explanation that you intend to take the IELTS before submitting the final application
dear aanbaan
what explanation? should i attach a separate sheet explaining that i will take the IELTS before submitting the final application? i did the same thing as bhaveshbarot83 but ticked YES (have you taken the test). i will take the IELTS after applying.

tdr

Apr 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2006
Doc's Request.
20-11-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
15-06-2006
Med's Request
waiting 4 ever
hi skylite,
i can realize your trouble. but the reality is that if you claim maximum points in all the modules of the test at the time of your initial application, it doesn't matter. at that time, the visa officer might award u the maximum points but things will change when you will submit your ielts results. in that case, he will award you points only based on your results, i mean he will reduce your points if you fail to obtain high skill in any modules. it will only be counted according to your performance in the test. but it's simply my own realization.
what do others think???

pls, respond to skylite.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is recommended to take the IELTS before you apply. That way, you will know exactly how many points you have before you apply.

You are allowed to guess your points and take IELTS later when they ask for it but the risk you take if you do that is that you don't do as well on the IELTS as you thought you would and end up with less than 67 points total and lose your application.